Buying a Robin Hood Superspec

Harry

Not sure this if this the correct approach
I am new to this and this sparked an interest either as result of turning 44 or seeing one on the road.
Eitherway I am interested in buying  Robin Hood
There is one for sale 2008 model with a Titanium gold finish.

Not sure what the cost of these but it seems well put together from the advert and video sent, just not sure what the buy price is for one of these.
They have it for 8-9k with a little wiggle room, not sure how that compares. Any feedback is much appreciated or advise on this. as i want to test drive it and want to have clip board of questions to ask and negotiate a better deal, unless that is a good deal

Edited by Harry

That is a very high price.   We normally reckon a properly registered and in good condition Superspec should go for between £5-6K.  It has a premium on a standard 2B as all the parts (except the reconditioned rear axle) were brand new at build.

if you test drive it check for the Superspec “clutch” rattle.  You will probably hear it when stationary, in neutral with the clutch pedal not pressed.   It isn’t a problem, mine has been rattling for 30K miles, but it might be a good basis for knocking down the price.

Have a look at my Superspec page on the forum (Useful Sites) on the blue banner) for details to look out for.  PM me if you want any detailed information.   You might also want to read my blog (See signature block below).

Where are you based ?  Might have someone close that you can take a look at.

Al

Edited by alanrichey

Many thanks Alan
The RH is in surrey but im in Hatfield Herts
I will give this car a miss as they believe and were told 8-10K and I have feeling they are sticking to their guns.

This is the one.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202306238866010

If anyone knows of one, both options really, one that might need work or ready to go, happy to view.

Just had a quick look at that myself.  It looks nice but I am a little suspicious about a few things.  Just my opinion from what I can see in the advert.

New head gasket at 5500 miles ?  I know the Rover engine is prone to failure, but not normally at 5K.   It also sounds like it has spent a fair bit of time on track days, is this why?

The rear of the chassis which supported the spare wheel has been cut off since the build (you can see where the spare marked the rear panel) and it looks to me like the cut ends are just taped up.   There are other things like the fitting of the rear lights and bonnet trim which don't look too professional so workmanship quality would need checking.  Also, the "enhancements" aren't really anything that hasn't been done to many of the Robin Hoods on the road, and are significantly less than some, so I don't think they justify the price.

Overall I think that this would need a real good looking at before considering it, and it would also need to be cheaper.