Shorter Gearstick

Afternoon all,

Newbie here, just curious to see what/if people have modified the gearstick length as mine seems like a lorry gear stick 😂

Is there a short shifter mod or is it a case of cutting it down?

Cheers all

Sam

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the club, I'm assuming that you've got a Ford type 9 gearbox - if not ignore this !!!

There is a "quick shift" mod. that you can do on the gear lever which reduces it's travel and you can also shorten it by however much you want. 

Have a look at this  http://www.s262612653.websitehome.co.uk/DVAndrews/quick.htm

I've done this on a couple now and it works a treat.  I usually use plastic board to make the spacer (cheap kitchen chopping boards work well) and moving the pivot point by about 10mm suits me.  The more you move it the shorter the travel but the heavier the action becomes. 

Hope this helps

Steve

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

above mod works well

however if you havent already cut the stick down in length, you may find thats enough

if you need the original stick shortening, and rethreading, i have a lathe and am not a million miles away from you

i can be bribed with hob goblin ruby 😆