Brake Pipes

Guest gibbo

I've watched the videos but don't remember much about the fitting of the brake pipes in them. So I need some help, we've got the 2 front copper pipes and the long one to go from the master cylinder to the t-piece, but what else do I need and where can I get them ? Also we plan to route these down the top of the tunnel, does it matter if it's routed with the loom and fuel pipe and are p-clips OK for fixing them in place.

Also we have some yellow plastic pipe for the fuel but it looks bigger than the copper (which we also have) - is that OK ? And is it OK to connect it at each end with flexible rubber hose and jubilee clips ?

Thanks guys,

Mark

you will need 2 extra ones to follow the rear suspension down to the rear hubs

you will eaither need a friendly motor factors or a pipe flaring tool for the end of these

where are you ? i have one, but maybe someone is closer?

Thanks chaps - I don't have any flexi pipes. Can I get these from RH or is it best to buy them elsewhere. Read somewhere about a lack of thread on them to connect up properly when fitted in the panel/bracket.

Tim - are you free one night this week at all for me to come and have a quick look ?

Gibbo,

not saying that they are the best pipes but on the front i fitted jaguar flexis

lucas part no. phc 201. Got enough thread on to go through 3 pieces of stainless, have a nut (10x1mm) fitted, make the connection and still have a bit left over.

Used the rear flexis from the kit but standard sierra rears will probably do the job?

If you want to see them mail me and will send you some pics, also think at least one of the super-speccers may have used them so could be a second opinion around out there.

Steve

hi gibbo I'm all so in Nottingham and have just sorted all my brakes out if you want to take a look and see the rest of the stuff i've done your welcome to do so

olly

Thanks guys

I've got some standard Ford flexis from my local factors now. For some reason the front ones (or are they the rear ones) are about twice as expensive as the rear ones but look almost the same - don't know why though. I now need to get the copper pipes for the rear made up but haven't measured to see what lengths I need yet.