RH 2b sub k rear suspension upgrade

Wondering if there’s anyway to upgrade rear suspension from the original shock obsobers and springs on the sierra arms and change to coilovers as ride is so soft and bottoms out with riding with passenger. 
or any advice on how to stiffen if swapping to coil overs can’t be done. 
cheers 

Hi Thomas,   are you sure it's a 2B ?   I thought all the 2Bs had coil-overs as standard.  They were attached, at the top, to the bottom ends of the roll bar with the other end bolted onto the rear swing arm in the middle of where the original Sierra spring fitted.  Of course it all depends on the fellow who built it originally.

The attached picture shows the "normal" set up. 

Hope this helps,  Steve

2B_rear.pdf

Sorry, didn't read the title properly did I !   My brain ignored the Sub K bit.

Rewinding then ...............  you would need to make a top mount for the coil-overs and  then the bottom ends could be fitted as per a 2B.   Someone on here may well have more info. on doing this but I would have thought the chassis would be up to it with a suitable bracket.

Kit spares so mounts what are for top of coiler over into where the spring top mount goes for £45 so I will have to get some coil overs and them brackets. 
when you say mount like the 2b is that still with the sierra arms ?

https://kitspares.co.uk/products/copy-of-robin-hood-front-wing-bracket-et35-os

Those are the brackets that go into the bottom ends of the roll bar on the 2B but I don't know if there are any suitable chassis tubes on the Sub K  to fit them in.

The bottom end of the coil overs would fit onto the sierra arms with brackets something like :-image.thumb.png.13ad42be909a4d2f3f448330dcb1838e.png

The brackets are usually an option when you buy the coil-overs, otherwise there are plenty of places selling them (search on eBay) but make sure you get the right size to match the coil-overs.

I had Gaz units on my 2B, supplied by GBS but still available from Kit Spares.  Having just looked on their website they list a set of Gaz shocks for the Sub K - might be worth a chat to them to see what advice they can give you on swapping over, what brackets to fit where etc.

Link to Sub K coil-overs -      https://kitspares.co.uk/collections/suspension/products/sub-k-shock-absorber-set