2b/4

Guest DGAV

Hi Dgav,

There’s a good document giving advice on your collection day but I can't find it anywhere, anyone know where it is?

I presume you've found the main site at CLICK, read lots of it.

Next year, go to as many shows as you can and don't be afraid to ask people about their builds, it can save you many hours of work.

Building a car is like eating an elephant, you can't do it all in one go! (I just love that quote :D )

Guest chris brown

Duncan and Rod Welcome to the world of hoodies first bit of advice when striping the donor remove EVERY nut, bolt, self tapper, bracket etc that there is in the car and keep them. If you are going to use the donor wiring loom (in some respects easier that others) remove it very carefully identifying all connections with tags and a permanent marker or similar.

When getting rid of the shell the scrap yard may ask for the V5 DO NOT GIVE IT UP you will need it SORN it that way DVLA assume the car is just not in use at the moment and wont chase you for tax also if the engine number is not the same (mine wasn’t) as on the V5 you can get it changed. You need the V5 on registering the car to prove it was yours and to get an age related plate.

You don’t say if you are going for stainless if so I would recommend that on collection you pick up another sheet I did and used it all on the bits that Richard says “you’ll find a way of doing it”

As Jim says fill in your profile and join the club you may (no you will) find there are others in your area that have been down the same route and have overcome the problems you will come across.

Guest chris brown
Don't get the seats
you can have mine as soon as I get some decent ones :p :p :p

Don’t get the hood ether in the first place or you could end up like me with a hood I never use, I just use a surrey top all year round. Just wear more clothes in winter and if you decide you want one later its still costs the same

Guest 2bsprint

I wish I had known all that before I bought my kit.

I did ask if I could have a set of the videos before I picked up the main kit but they said no. It turned out that they only produced the videos over the christmas break and I picked it up in Feb.

My advise is read and talk to other people with RH's as much as possible because I know I was totally un-preparedon how the collection days worked and how long it takes to unload it from their shopping tolley, check it off and load it up into your transport.

the other thing I never excepted was to have trouble finding space in their yard to do all the loading etc. On the day I collected mine there were serveral people had to take their shopping trolleys out onto the road and load up on the road.