Under Floor Iron

spg

Has anyone got any pics of where the rear angle fits on 04 2b plus, the videos show a short length for the handbrake cable. But I've got a meter + length, That I guess fits across the suspension mount points but not to sure where.

Also the front angle iron locates on the rear handbrake bolt but how far across the car does it need to go and how do you hold it on.

Cheers

Steve

Guest timswait

The front 1 inch angle is quite easy, it just goes right the way across under the floor and bolts onto the side tubes. The rear one serves the purpose of mounting the handbrake cable and adjusters. It also takes the inner harness mounts. The old RHE kit supplies about 12 inches of 2 inch angle for this purpose (probably what you saw on the video) and this just bolts to the floor under the tunnel. The SVA man wasn't impressed when he saw this, and said harness mounts must be connected to the chassis directly. To do this I bought a longer length of 2 inch angle to go right the way under the floor, and welded it to chassis where the subframe mounts. This passed SVA.

I guess RHE have just revised the kit a little so that it's more likely to SVA.

On the SubK the angle iron goes from side to side and is bolted to the rear axle monting plates and at about 4" intervals in between. Haven't seen the 2b chassis but I assume the rear axle mountings are similar. There isn't much spare length on the supplied angle so drilling has to be fairly precise to get enough space on the mounting plate. Sorry no pix -i'll have to invest in a digital camera soon.

Colin

2B plus

The 2" angle supplied bridges across the rear suspension mounting plates in line with the bolts for the large rubbers used to locate it. I found this a bit tight and have used two M8 bolts either side into the 4mm plate, also I had to cut the ends at 45degrees to clear the rubbers. The drop of the angle needs to be at the back or the handbrake cable will be too short.

I hope this helps.

Jez