Engine Mounting

gomatthome

hi eventually got round to putting engine into my 2b4 2l pinto with five speed box, however, on fitting prop this does not seem to continue a straight line from engine to diff. There is a slight kink to the right when looking at from front. the gearbox mount wont go any further to the right as the sensor (reverse I guess) protrudes and catches on the upright. has anyone had the same problem and if so how sorted or does it not matter.

phil

could attach picture if someone could explain how.

thanks

putting engine into my 2b4 2l pinto with five speed box, however, on fitting prop this does not seem to continue a straight line from engine to diff. There is a slight kink to the right when looking at from front.

could attach picture if someone could explain how.

I think you will find thats how the prop and diff sits on a rear wheel drive ford, off to the right slighty i know it is on the Cortina based car. Not to shaw about the sierra :unsure: (someone will post if I'm right or wrong).

There is a slight kink to the right when looking at from front. the gearbox mount wont go any further to the right as the sensor (reverse I guess) protrudes and catches on the upright.

It doesn't matter, the prop joint will take care of that, just line up the G/box in the middle of the tunnel then you don't get it banging the sides.