More Trouble With Vicki Green Loom

Guest stevey

Guest stevey

Hi everyone more greif wiring my 2B I'm afraid(boy will I be glad when the wiring's done! anyhow several people have been very helpful regarding mini wiper motors but I have different wires (I think!) to every one I have seen. I have no multiplug to attach loom to I just have 3 wires red,blue,yellow have I been unlucky with my wiper motor choice? 2nd problem I have tried to connect a washer pump to the Vicki green loom but every time I press the switch I blow the 20 amp fuse which has 3 green wires and 1 white wire connected to it. I have tried all suggestions listed on the site and have followed the Haynes diagram but the problem remains. I have connected a jump wire between the red feed to the switches and the black yellow,with a fly lead to the battery and the pump runs but connect it up andthe fuse blows . more info I originally had a hatch back switch fitted and when that was used it smoked to destruction! on the bright side the engine sounds great and all other electrics ie rear lights,indicators,dash display,horn is fine but this is making me mad,anyone live close to Eastleigh could earn themselves a heap of beer token if you can sort this one out!!! :angry: :angry: :angry:

Sounds like whatever wire you've got connected to terminal 53-C on the column switch is going straight to earth. You have two wires at the washer. They should come from 53-C and W on the column switch. Identify both ends of each wire. Neither should earth if disconected at both ends. I suspect one does and thats the faulty one. Isolate, trace, bypass, whatever to fix.

Nigel

Guest stevey

Thanks for the guidance Nigel I shall check tommorrow night and inform you of result,any clue on the mini wiper motor wires?

Steve

ps give me oily bits any day :D

Guest robbie

I had same prob with washer pump switch blowing fuse, I found that the twin green wires were powered up and the switched green and black was also powered up when switched. I wired according to loom chart (wrong!) but after testing found correct connection and now all works fine. If this is your prob please let me know and I will note the conns for you.

Regards

Robbie

On the motor sounds like you are missing the parkswitch/ connection box. The blue is earth, red and yellow the feeds for the two speeds. Have a look here minispares in the electrical bits. A new motor is £38 complete with switch and a switch on page two of electrics is £12.

Nigel

Guest stevey

Robbie,thats exactly what I have found on the pump I'd really appreciate your wire fix. Nigel I shall lookinto that minispares site and sort that out. I'll let you know how I get on

Cheers

Steve

ps either of you going to Otterbourne this weekend with the southern hoodz? if so beer tokens will be available :)

Hi Steve

I also had this problem. From memory the green and black goto the pump, then you need to add an earth to the other pump terminal. On my car the twin green are perminantly live (when ign on) and are not used for the pump.

Get a cheap bulb type circuit tester and press washer switch whilst checking the green/black wire should light when pressed.

Check all connections this way before connecting to the pump's/motors or whatever. it could prevent expensive replacement.

HTH

Mitch

Guest robbie

Steve, as you look at the column plugs from the engine bay you will see two plugs to the left of the steering column. The first plug on the left has two rows of 4 contacts. The bottom wire of the first row is the one I found to connect to the green/black wire for the washer pump. This wire on my car provides an earth when switched, so allowing the circuit to be completed to the pump. At least it worked that way for me! TEST it out before you connect permanently and let me know how you went.

Regards

Robbie

Guest stevey

Nigel,Robbie & Mitch thanks so much for your help I know have washers that don't blow fuses and power to wiper leads (waiting for the plug from minispares)just the headlights to go now.once again thanks guys much appreciated,you are definitly owed a beer and if you are at Otterbourne this weekend I shall be at the bar with soldering iron burns and drinking my Pimms thru cable wrap :D