Donor Front End

Guest Nishka

Guest Nishka

Hi guys

Well started work on stripping the donor yesterday afternoon, yesterday we asked some of the North West Hoodies if they had an engine hoist we could borrow. We seem to have got a little carried away before we could read any of the replies....

now the request is not for a hoist but if anyone has a couple of surgical supports they don't need......

So the story so far;

engine out, engine ancillaries off, gearbox out, prop shaft removed, steering out, fuel tank and sender off, tow bar removed, interior stripped, wiring loom removed and finally the front end has been taken off.

Just a quick question - what parts of the front cross member/suspention do we need to keep and what can be binned?

Tomorrow will see the removal of the rear end, steering column, handbreak assy and pedal box, along with anything else that might come in handy.

All we need now is two new backs, loads of sleep, and several layers of skin!!!!!!

Time for a beer I think.

Cheers

Nishka & Mark

Nishka, where did you ask for an engine lift?. I have one you could have borrowed.

sounds like you may need a visit from the NW gang

Mitch

ps if you want the lift send me a pm

Guest Nishka
sounds like you may need a visit from the NW gang

I'd sent a PM to Jim he did say that you had one that might be available, but by the time I had read his reply Mark and I had lifted the engine out (hence the need for surgical supports!!! :wacko: :wacko: ).

You know that the 'kettle is always on' here so you are welcome to come round at any time, we could do with someone to advise on what to throw away and what to keep before we get rid of the shell.

Thanks for the offer of the hoist we might need it to put the new engine back in.

Cheers

Nishka & Mark

Guest allbejay

Hey learn from an expert and keep it all, i do and my parents loved me for it, if u run out of space in the garage do what i did, use ur room, the loft, airing cuboard and wherever else it fit's. then if u ever need it ur have it

Guest Bazwaz

I know it's a bit late but you needn't have lifted the engine out. You should have just cut through the front cross member and pulled it out on a trolley jack.

Barry.

Guest peter2b2002

Hi , one of the parts i found a use for were the tow bar mounting plates they are about 5" square , i used them as reinforcing plates for the inboard seat belt mounting points, sva loved them nice and strong, also the plastic trim from the door openings , they can go over the chassis tube infront of the seats in the 2b.

cheers Pete2b