Chassis

Guest hooperjim

Guest hooperjim
:( I have a 2B with sliding pillar front suspension. After 3 years the front wheel rims hit the bottom suspension arms when passing over a large bump. I would be grateful for advice regarding possible solutions such as: higher rated springs, new shockers, longer bump stops.

I used additional bump stops from Demon Tweaks - really cheap and good quality - Only problem is you'll have to dismantle the front suspension to fit them! Best of luck. Andy

Guest salty_monk

I haven't used extra bump stops yet... but i do still get that problem! (lazy i guess, plus just moved house, got made redundant, blah blah :D)

Andy C - what bump stops have you used, where did you fit them & do they work? I don't have problem with them scraping on bumps, biggest problem is when I am going sideways round a roundabout!

I discussed this with Dave R & he was making some Nylon bump stops but i'm still waiting for an update on their success....

HooperJim - there is an upgrade kit (to double wishbone) available from MNR (talk to Rizla, he's their best salesman!! :lol:)

Guest mark kingston

:o I have had my sliding pillar 2B on the road for over 3 years now and originally built it with additional bump stops i purchased from demon tweeks and have had no problems with the set up at all.

so i think additinal bump stops are the answer.

:lol:

regards

mark

P.S Hey dave you dont say you are nearly ready for the SVA at last?

i wish you luck and look forward to seeing the beast at a show or two

mark

Guest Kev Newborough

My 2B's the same, the suspension is stiff enough without fitting higher rated springs.I have put a set of 15 inch alloys on with the peugot offset and only very rarely does the rim contact the chassis now.

Kev.

Guest Kev Newborough

Hiya Salty,you could be right,I am getting on a bit now.Pressures are about 20psi.

You have to drive a bit slower when you are busy looking for potholes to avoid.

Maybe its just that I have removed enough of the ally rim already to give me enough clearance, plus I only weigh about 11 1/2 stone wet through.

I would like to convert to wishbones but can't afford it and I'm not clever enough to do it myself.

Kev.

Guest mark kingston

:o

I will take a photo or two of the set up when i get home as i am at work at present, so you can see it and if i can find the demon cataloge or the invoice will let you have the part numbers.

regards

Mark :lol:

Guest salty_monk

Cheers, mark.

Kev - same weight & tyre pressure I run. Normally touch on tight corners especially roundabouts & even more so with 2 up. I didn't manage to get them to touch (that i was aware of) until Barkston Heath but can now do it at will!!

Guest mark kingston

:o

right firstly the batteries in the digi camera are flat so i have just stuck them on charge.

i found the demon tweekes invoice and i brought 2 different types of bump stop both of which are supplied in pairs.

i am not sure which ones i fitted as i cant find my cataloge but the two part numbers are PFXBS001 and PFXBS005. they set me back £12.50 each set . ie £25 for all four bump stops.back in august 2000.

i will take a few snaps when the camera is ready.

regards

mark ;)