Chassis

Guest hooperjim

Guest mark kingston

as you can see i have fitted the bump stops from demon tweeks along with the original bump stops off the struts that we where advised to fit on the video.

hope this helps

regards

mark kingston

Guest salty_monk

Fairly sure I don't have either fitted... got to be worthwhile, (although I hate compressing springs & hear these are a real pig!)

I can have my wheels re-balanced then without fear of the suspension stripping all the weights off again!!

Guest mark kingston

:o cable ties:::::

your are either really brave or plain stupid i will let you decide which dave. (only kidding)

i used a set of ground down spring compressors but had to spread the spring coil with a screwdriver to get them on and off.

regards

mark :p

Guest Battery Bill

Dave R

says the man who compressed his on a pillar drill and used loads of cable ties to hold them down

Good idea I recon! :lol: :lol: A lot easier than a Big screwdriver across the spring pushing it down :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest hooperjim

Thanks to all who replied regarding my 2B front suspension problem with wheels hitting the bottom of suspension arms. I have decided to follow Dave Kingston's recommendation and fit an extra pair of Demon Tweekes bump stops. When I finally complete this rather unpleasant job I will report on the result (probably late Spring!) :mellow:

Guest mark kingston

i am not sure which ones i fitted as i cant find my cataloge but the two part numbers are PFXBS001 and PFXBS005. they set me back £12.50 each set . ie £25 for all four bump stops.back in august 2000.

The shaft size should be 20mm from memory.

regards

Mark kingston