Wot's wrong with Jon's car?

Jon Bradbury

Guest salty_monk

Jon - sounds good, just didn't want you to have all the hassles I had of sitting by the side of the road in 30 degree summer waiting for the bloody thing to call down! Almost missed our Kart session!!

Well Steve next time you're down our way I'll show ya... but I have another problem on my hands:

Have now got one of the RH alloys shod in a sexy Toyo "Proxes" tyre and am looking at fitting the front cycle wing brackets. Seems to me that the tubes are a long, long way away from the tyre walls. I thought it was bad with the Ford wheels but the alloys have a different offset that moves them outwards away from the dummy McPherson strut, so the tube to tyre gap is even bigger. Could you post a picture of yours from above looking down? I thought I might move the welded mount tube on the bit that goes round the dummy mcpherson strut to the side nearest the tyre wall. What do you think?

Steve, on your site you mention using a pipe bender. Is this a proper machine or a plumber's tool (I've got one but I'm not sure I want to risk knackering it on a steel pipe).

Cheers

JonB

PS, Don't mention the dash it's really really horrid. I hate it and cringe every time I lay eyes on it, but if it gets me through the SVA then so be it. I might have fitted my Dolomite instruments but I am not sure that the speedo will read true. It *should* do but I don't want to take any chances with the SVA.