Sump

Guest ross

Guest Martin S

Hi Ross

I had the same problem with my Sub -k

I cut 2 pieces of 40 mm square box section metal to the required height, then welded a piece of flat metal over one end of each bit and drilled a hole in the centre to take the engine mount.

then position the pieces of box section over the large hole in the mounting plate on the chassis and weld it in place , you can then get a socket spanner up through the large hole to tighten the engine mount nut.

Martin

yea i think the way to go is to pack out the mount with heavy plate or thick washers just to give 1/2 inch clearence thanks guys will any of you be going to wheels in cornwall next month

cheers ross

yea its about the biggest down this neck of the woods though, but then that wouldn't take alot. i've heard powderen castle is a good event anyone konw if thats true or not?

cheers ross

Powderham is brilliant. Very few kitcars but last year I was stood open mouthed as this guy drove in in a GP Bugatti with his mate following in a blown Bentley. The Bugatti was hand painted black and looked used and driven, not just trailered around to shows. Can you imagine what it must feel like to climb into a living piece of engineering beauty like that and pootle off 'to the rasp of tearing silk'. I nearly had a cadenza!

Nigel

I think we have solved the sump prob!

1. we got 4X 1/2" alloy plate by 5"x4" and in two of them drilled a 10.5mm hole then bolted the engine mounts to them

2. the other two we drilled a 50mm hole

3. we placed them together with the bolt from the engine mount into the plate with the big hole

4. we placed the hole assembly onto the engine mounting plates on the chasis

5. and once we were happy with the engine position drilled and bolted the plates down with 4xM8 bolts

whole thing looks good was easy to do and no welding ;)

if anyone wants a pic i will post one if ya tell me how to do it :D

Guest Mr Pid

Pictures are fairly simple, check out Matt's post on resizing pictures, they must all be scaled down to about 25K i think, there is a download to do this with.

Once the saved shrunk picture is saved just attach it to your post when you reply using the "browse" function.

HTH

Stu :rolleyes: