Harnesses

Guest Petemate

Guest Petemate

Hi All

Wanted - a pair of harnesses for my 2b. (Neil H. - I couldn't shorten them - the name labels are too far down the shoulder straps...)

The ones in my kit are too long, and were included in error. I think they are possibly for a Series 3A or similar.

If anyone has upgraded to a higher class of harness, and the originals are sitting around begging to be purchased at a reasonable price, you have a sale.

TIA

Petemate

P.S. build a bit slow at present - new sills going on the Metro.....

hi pete

theres a few sets on ebay at the moment,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7956058419&rd=1

and

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...7955216185&rd=1

seem cheap at present but 5 days to go and the have westfield/caterham in discription so anything could happen

HTH

Mitch

Guest salty_monk

Pete,

They are almost certainly the belts fitted in my car & they are fine. Would make sense as your car is exact same model & year as mine.

We struggle to get them tight enough for Emily or my nephews but for someone of our size it should not be an issue.

If you like I could prob take some pictures of how they are in or take some measurements for you. (drop me a mail or give us a bell) I have a feeling the single top strap is looped through the triangle bracket more than once.

They worked both on the Recaro's like you have & on the new Roadster 7's...

Bob Tucker also has them fitted as does a couple of the other guys & all I've seen are in a position close to their minimum length. Can't imagine yours are going to be so different, could be a very odd set though I guess....

Dan :)

Guest Petemate

Hi Dan

Pics would be most welcome. I would very much like to avoid buying another set if I can make these do. Having said that, I think that maybe some later kits are supplied with shorter ones, as for instance Terry and another say they can't get theirs long enough!!

Regards,

Pete

Guest TerryBarry

Hi Pete,

How many rear upper mounting points were there on your chassis.

The belts you've shown appear to be the same as I 've seen fitted to earlier cars which use a single point mounting at the rear of the chassis / monocoque.

Cheers,

Terry

Guest gordon_macnab

If your looking to buy some harnesses most are too long as they're designed to mount on the floor behind the rear seats. The ones to go for are the "Caterham" or "Westfield" type which are typically more expensive for less material

The only difference with the 2 types is one is bolted direct and the other uses eyebolts.

Gordon

Guest Petemate

Thanks all - very interesting. I did notice the difference in price between the long/short sets. Looks like I might have to shell out. :( Dan - your harnesses definitely differ from mine with the top mount straps. Still, with them adjusted fully shortened they might fit me - I'll have another look later today. :unsure: Neil - they may still be available!! Be patient.... ;)

Petmate

Guest chris brown
I think the ones on EBAY would not pass the SVA as they need to have the push button release
As far as I can make out they would be fine for SVA as I can not find any where it states what type of buckle is fitted providing it can’t come undone in an accident

As far as I can make out they would be fine for SVA as I can not find any where it states what type of buckle is fitted providing it can’t come undone in an accident

Pretty sure I read in a magazine some time back that if buckles are used, they must be capable of being released with one hand