Robin Hood Sold?

Guest Bazwaz

JUst read this on the Robin Hood site

* LIGHTWEIGHT UPDATE* * 1st March 2005

As you may be aware, Robin Hood Sports Cars Ltd is for sale, we have been negotiating with new owners to take over our complete operation. In a surprise announcement they have asked us to refuse all orders for Lightweight kits as they would like to market the project themselves in their own style as they are not happy with our style. The sale still has to be finalised and inevitably there will be a delay in the new owners actually being able to offer the kit to the public.

Although we have booked to attend the kit car shows at both Bingley Hall, Stafford and Detling, Kent, realistically it is unlikely that we will be taking orders at these shows for Lightweights and at this stage are unsure what vehicles will be on display.

:o Barry.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mkeats02

You beat me to it Barry!! B)

Dunno if this is good news or not!! :ph34r:

The new owner didn't like the current advertising style of RHE, umm!!

I though the brochures were pretty good, the stands at shows could have been a bit better though, from what I have seen. Maybe they want attractive ladies!! to sell their cars!!

Hope this doesn't mean a price rise. :angry:

Mike

Guest chris brown

So perhaps Richard was right to increase the price £1.5 mil for a year £1.9 mil for a couple of months. I agree with you Rizla but we will have to hide you away if it happens. :D :D They will have to get there fingers out unless they will have lots of people going elsewhere and also if other manufactures think it’s a good idea someone is likely to beat them to it

Robin hood sold :(

if it has been sold?

one of the big two will have bought it!!!

new mangment team ,the cost of kits will rise

OR

they will close it

as robin hood have kept the price of kits down so the working man

can have his dream of building his own kit car(sports car)

Duncan

Guest TerryBarry
key cars sva d for £15000 each

I wonder what sort of warranty the buyer will get - and will it be honoured by the new owners.

Maybe BMW will buy it and then sell it to us for £1 :D - more likely to go to the Chinese :wacko:

Guest stu205
Hope this doesn't mean a price rise. :angry:

you know it wil do!! if they were making profits of £300k then the 1.9m they are paying for it i would imagin they would want a return in 5 years which would need profits of £380k time will tell!

• 2 months later...
Guest elwe

Well, according to the RHSC website the sale has gone through. I guessed as much from the new kit lineup and the lightweight price rise at Stoneleigh.

It also looks like they will be selling all the aborted projects left around the factory.