Guest tom2b

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Battery Bill

Chris

Well it did'nt say anything when I looked

Did you remember to wear your glasses when looking at the "New Fangled Computer TV" monitor :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

Tom 2B

It does look too low on the first piccy. (Cant see anything on the other two!)

I like the second picture on your gallery, we should have done that instead of filling the recycle bags every week :lol: :lol: :lol:

Guest TerryBarry

Rear suspension does look a bit low - otherwise it looks smart.

Obviously pressed the wrong button - but love that beer can throne :D

Hey Bill - there's a ruddy echo in here :p

Guest tom2b

Great it isnt it, i reckon everyone should have a throne! Please excuse the kevved up cars as its my mates gallery who hosted the piccies. The car is so low it grinds on the ground when you accelerate or corner!

Hi Tom,

its definitely too low.

The 2B has a bigger than usual gap above the rear tyre.

Best measurement to check is from the bottom of the side panel to the floor,

immediately in front of the wing. This needs to be between 7.5 and 8 inches.

If its that much & still hits the ground, either the spring or the damper (or both) are too soft. It its less than that, you need to lengthen the struts.

Bob.

Guest tom2b

thanks bob, i got the car up on axle stands today (put them under the spare wheel rack) and removed the rear springs aswell as the spring caps. The struts definately need lengthening. Does anyone know how long the strut needs to be from the top of the spring cap?

Guest Tim Norman

I've got my camera now so I'll take some piccies tomorrow so you can see what i was on about. I can stand on the spare wheel holder and bounce it and it doesn't bottom out and i weigh substantially more than i should and i have mounted my wings a lot lower than most.!!

Guest tom2b

thanks, i would post photos of what mines like but am having trouble with the computer at the moment. Does anyone know how much rear coilovers are for a 2b?

Guest piddy

Hi.

I've just payed £164 for two for mine,without springs. About £30 for springs

You would also have to make up the brackets.

I've got the ones that have a threaded rod in place of hoop fitting this means it can be fitted to the drailing arm through the hole in it.

The shocks are Gaz units from Dampertech.

Guest piddy

Picture of my car before fitting the coilovers.

I'm hoping to lower this abit when fitting the coilovers and stop the grounding.

I only get the grounding problem when fully loaded for camping trip or while carring passenger,while pulling away on T junctions & Round-a-bouts

post-7-1110049453.jpg

Guest graham dockerill
;) Tom i've a pair of coilovers as supplied by RHE with green springs which hav'nt done a lot of miles and I want £50 + postage for them, which is the same as I paid for them from another club mumber, now upgraded them.

Guest peter2b2002

Hi I paid £180 for a pair of rear coil overs from RH complete with the mounting yokes, but i made the mistake of doing what the vidio said and cut off the roll over tube as short as pos, now at max height i have 6 1/2 " ground clearance at the sides, i only ground out when going over yumps.

pete2b

Guest Battery Bill

At Stafford we are hoping to replace our Zeemer Shockers for some Avo's.

The reason for this is that when we first drove the car on the road it decked out very easily, so we had to tighten the springs at the front end. this helped with the ground clearance issue but left the front very hard and looking at the springs you can see why :rolleyes:

The rear has been OK not much problem with ground clearance but it is on a fairly soft setting and on the bumpy roads the car feels a bit wobbly to say the least.

We could tighten the back end to compensate for the hard front but we would rather have some more forgiving suspension all round (Hard is OK for track use but not road use) :D