2b Rear Suspension

Guest tom2b

Hi Tom,

Im currently running with standard Sierra rear springs, but with uprated Sierra shockers, bought as "new old stock" at Stoneleigh for £20 pair. Side height is 7" after everything has settled in now at 12k miles. The ride is very good, comfortable but with just a little give...Ive never grounded out, even with 2 up at 28 stone!

At Stoneleigh last year AVO were having a clearout of old stock coilovers.

I knew what size to look for, & picked up a pair of adjustable coilovers (less springs) for £30.....have a look at the shows before shelling out too much.

Mine were badged for the front of an 1800 Marcos!

I bought 2 springs from Rally Design for £24, now I just need to make up suitable brackets.

If youre going for coilovers, IMHO stick to the well known names, many people end up replacing the cheaper ones anyway.

Bob.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chris brown
The rear has been OK not much problem with ground clearance but it is on a fairly soft setting and on the bumpy roads the car feels a bit wobbly to say the least.
The zimmerframes seem to take about 1000 miles to settle down Bill. Mine were terrible when I first put it on the road but got better as time went on. Not that they are fantastic at the best of times and would change mine if I came across a good set of second-hand replacements or new if I had as much cash as Rizla B) B) :D :D

• 2 weeks later...
Guest tom2b

After taking the back end apart ive decided to get a mechanic friend to weld up the brackets and fit the coilovers for me. Its not that i dont trust my mechanical skills i just dont want to end up in a hedge if i do something wrong! ill add some pictures when its all complete. Thanks once again for all your advice.