Coilover Lengths On A 3a

Guest stu205

Guest stu205

after my shock died on the way to stafford just wanted to check what length the rear coilovers are im sure there 13" but can someone put my mind at ease before I order them

also any one use Protech ones what they like??

Hi Stu

Glad you got home okay,

One of the Nw crew bought a pair of front shockers on Sat, he was talked out of the Protech ones due to the alloy construction (wouldnt look nice and shiny for long with salt corrosion) so he ended up with a pair from Gaz.

I have gaz on my 2b and i would recommend them.

Think he paid around £150 for a pair of fronts.

You should have bought a pair yesterday at the show and saved a few quid on postage.

See you on the next run?

Mitch

Guest stu205
One of the Nw crew bought a pair of front shockers on Sat, he was talked out of the Protech ones due to the alloy construction (wouldnt look nice and shiny for long with salt  corrosion) so he ended up with a pair from Gaz.

aahhhh I edged my bets and had a word with both who said if i checked the length and ordered them they would do them for the show price ;) ;)

I think ill go for the Gaz then but could doo with knowing the lenght anyone!!.........

Glad you got home okay,

those yellow taxis are rearly handy aint they!!

easy way, take the other one of you'res off, and remove the spring, measure fully open and closed lenghts,

you will also need spring rate. and possibly the bolt hole size, beware this can vary.

HTH

Mitch

Guest stu205
Stu

No idea what they are like but they looked to be a lot more expensive than the Gaz ones we looked at :D

for bearing ended they were £65 each so not bad price at all poly bush ones were $57

• 5 weeks later...
Guest stu205

my shocks have just arrived and im going to change the springs at the same time

what sort of poundage would give a firm but not bone crunching ride??

any opinion welcome!!