Suspension

Guest Lindsay

maybe not discounts, but if you "threaten" to tell others what a good company they are to deal with,and how happy you are at the service recived, then im sure you will get the best price possible :D ;)

theres always room to haggle

Mitch

Guest carl leonard

Bill

Its best if you take your zimmerframes to Mr GAZ to ensure you get the correct size etc. Ensure you get the correct spring rating for your 2B.

If you want to keep your car on the road you will need to borrow someones Zimmers who have just started a build.

Let me know if you want the information on the spring rating I have used.

It takes between 2\3 weeks to make the springs.

Carl. :D

Guest Battery Bill

Carl

I have spoken to mr Gaz and Joey and I are going to take a drive over there next Friday its only 30 ish miles so he will look at what we require.

:D

Guest chris brown

Bill just looked at the picture of your rear zimmerframe it is nothing like mine which is just a longer version of the front ones (eyes top and bottom) it makes you wonder were they supplied with the car in mind or are they just what Richard got cheapest?

Guest TerryBarry

It wouldn't be the first time that the production cost of a retail item has been reduced by the manufacturer.

The product then goes out to the market with a "New Improved" sticker on it [at the same price of course] - improved for whom one might ask ?? :D

Guest chris brown
Do you think the worn bushes are an MOT failure?
Not unless they move in the bushes when the wheel is lifted when the car is jacked up and the suspension is hanging on its full travel. The tester will put a lever under the tyre to check for play in bushes and ball joints.

Guest elgey7

Bill

My rear Zimmer bushes went like yours in a very short time after i bought them.

I talked to RH who sent me a new set of bushes FOC so I think they know it's a problem.

The bush with the weight on just doesn't last. it's not robust enough.

Does any one know the part number & supplier of poly equivalents?

These might last a bit longer.

Regards

Colin

Guest kenton

The worn bushes wernt an MOT failure, it passed ok.

He did find a loose bolt and one rear wheel rumbles, you cant hear it with the engine going. Ill change it very soon.

Im glad he spotted it , i dont want it to break down on its summer trip to lemans!

Guest Battery Bill

Colin

The thing is our Zimmers are really looking the worst for wear already so we have really given up on them and looking forward to our Gaz replacements :D :D

Guest mkeats02

I called richard last yr about the zimmeride units, he wanted £220 a pair for the back of a sub-k. :o

Rizlas mates at MNR do some units at £250inc VAT & p&p, bet they are better quality, going to chat to them at the show, they informed me they are a direct replacement for the sierra set-up. ;)

Glad I left the rear suspension issue till a latter date. :lol: