Suspension

Guest Lindsay

Guest chris brown

Its a case of how much are you willing to spend the zimmeride from RHSC are cheap and are adequate for road use but nothing special then you can go up from there these are on eBay at the moment don’t know what condition they are in but ask it may be a cheap way of getting a decent set. NTDWM by the way

Guest chris

I can recommend Gaz adjustable shocks,spring height and damper adjustable.Got them all round on my S7 and a huge improvement on the RH standard issue

regards chris

DOnt go for zimmerides,(sorry Chris but there cheap and INadequate) you will end up changing them very quickly.

I have Gaz units on my 2b and would recommend them all

Dont forget to ask them for a owners club discount

HTH

Mitch

Guest chris brown

OK Mitch perhaps I should have said barely adequate for road use and must admit to looking at changing mine for Gaz ones when finances allow (us retired ones have to look after the pennies you know) :p :p

Guest chris brown
we will sell ours for peanuts.
Ready salted or dry roasted? :p :p :p

Good point the later zimmerframes are not to be touched with a barge pole as the springs are much shorter and almost coilbound when standing static. At least the earlier ones gave an acceptable ride thro a bit on the soft side. But what do you expect they do have Rover (rear ones) on the lable.

Guest carl leonard

I recently changed my 'ZimmerFrames' for GAZ - £300 Front & Rear.

The bottom bush on each of the front Zimmers distorted after only 2000 miles.

Beware!!!!! :(

Guest chris brown
The bottom bush on each of the front Zimmers distorted after only 2000 miles
Mine has done about 12k daren’t even look at them until I get some replacements otherwise I may have to give up thrashing it around B) B) ;)

Guest kenton

My front zimmers bottom out occasionaly, i had to screw the springs up to get the ride hight up to 6 1/2 ".

This has reduced the travel. Stronger springs have been sugested (350)s. After reading your comments im having second thoughts, a shopping trip at detling maybe?

What spring rating should i go for?

Kenton

Guest Battery Bill

Bob

The Zeemers are looking pretty old and we have only been on the road proper 3 weeks. The springs on the fronts are rusting, the ally bodies are corroding, God knows what they will look like after a full winter :lol:

Anyway we want a less rigid set up without losing any ground clearance and speaking to Mr Gaz this morning this seems to be a good way forward.

Oh by the way Gaz do "Not" do discounts for RHOCAR mambers :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

post-3-1110979501.jpg