Numb Backside

richard mackay

After 20 miles or so,ones arsh is getting numb.The kit i built is the older MK2 model and i fitted the seats supplied with the kit,whitch have very thin foam padding.I am 6'2'' so seat height is important.Is this something i'll just have to put up with

Guest rizla

:( i sometimes get the numb bum and pins and needles in my leg on long journeys ive changed my seat position to ad support under my thighs ie tilted it backwards slightly and this has helped greatly

ps im 6ft 3 and large :lol:

He didn't say which vehicle it was in though! :D Your MNR looked very nice at Detling, Andy.

Richard I still have the original bits of ply in mine and worry if I fit real seats in I will be looking through the top rail of the screen and I am only 5' 10"

Peter.

Guest salty_monk

I have roadster sevens, they won't be any taller than your ply but I still get a bit of a numb bum or pins & needles after a couple of hours driving... no problems unless it's a real long slog though... :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jpowell

I did Italy and back without cutting off circulation. In my Exmo, I got a pair of the cheapo cobra steel frame seats, took the covers off, cut 'n' shut, them bit to narrow them about 2 inches. Also brought in the sholder supports a little to clear the hood frame. Then put the covers back on.

I used these because the the shoulder supports on them stop you going out the door on driving the bendy bits, with a normal belt. (no need to put on the car like a paracute with 6 point harnass)

Just got to make a knee pad for the side of the dash to be true 100% comfort.

Jeremy

Guest Battery Bill

Rizla

i sometimes get the numb bum and pins and needles in my leg on long journeys

It does surprise me with all that Padding you have just below your back :lol: :lol: :lol: