Indicators

Guest nick.francks

Guest nick.francks

Are there any rules regarding the placement of front indicators for the MOT? I'm considering changing my standard RH drainpipe ones to small motor cycle ones, mounted just above the number plate, but don't want to start drilling holes in the nosecone only to have it fail it's MOT!

Nick

Guest C7SVN

How spooky.

That's exactly what I've done to mine. It passed the MOT too. One important thing to remember is that the flash rate has to be between 60 and 120 flashes per minute (as far as I can remember). If you put the little motorbike ones on it will flash too fast 'cos you can only get 10w bulbs to fit in them and not 21s. I fixed (bodged) this by fitting 6w festoon bulbs in the side repeaters.

You can get some bigger motorbike ones instead that you can fit bigger bulbs in if you shop around.

It flew through the MOT after three years off the road :o . Not even one advise. B@$7@*d thing broke down on the way home though!!! :angry: Fortunately just the coil I think.

Neil

If you mount indicators on the front cycle wings, in a position where they can be seen from the front and side of the car, does that remove the need to have the nose cone indicators 400mm from the outer limit?

I don't know if there is an SVA rule to cover having two sets of front indicators, one set in compliance meaning the other set doesn't have to be! I thought that the whole point of using m/cycle indicators was to do away with the wing mounted ones as that is what many prefer. I suggest you fit the type you prefer and if its m/c ones then read the suggestions of how to extend them on this board at Fittings and Bodywork.

Nigel