Brake Servo

Snapperpaul

Came back from Deitling enthused and promptly broke this, can i replace just the plastic bit (without having to split the case) or has anybody got the servo bit at the back of the garage? Photograph borrowed from Nigel.

Guest Battery Bill

Paul

Easy fix, just unbolt the reservior and take off the big black cylinder thingy (Servo) and put it in the bin :D You dont need it all you need is an extension from Tiger racing and off you go :D :D

Paul they just push through the rubber grommet into the servo. I don't suppose ford would sell you one unless you get the servo attached try carefully removing one or two at the scrappies. I think you will find the same ones fitted on all sorts of cars.

Peter.

Guest Tim Norman

If you aren't going to use the servo, take it apart and use the push rod from that. Onlt needs a little modding to fit. Save the money for someting else. :D

my servo was rusted badly so got a push rod (long one) from tiger not much to it but only £8:00 fits fine but have no brakes connected yet so dont know how good braking is yet but others seem to have gone down that route so should be ok.

Guest allbejay

I contacted luego as i was going to ditch the servo myself except even then i had no room for the master cylinder, so luego supplied me there very own pedal box with a bias bar and 2 cylinders, one for front and one for back, It should make the braking system a whole lot better, more adjustable and easier to fit.. PLus they took it to the detling show for me..

Guest craig030774

that platic PIECE IS A PUSH FIT getting the pipe to the inlet manifold is another job

go to the scrappy and disconnect from the manifold and just pull the plastic bit as well

I tried running mine without a servo for a while. I made an adjustable pushrod out of a piece of threaded bar and a few nuts, this worked well but I found that the brakes were to heavy and eventually went back to using a servo.

Of to the scrappies this week thanks guys............. see thread in engine i am going to have a chat with some guys i now with there own engineering firm (shed) to see how much shortend sumps would be.