Track Day

Guest kenton

Just a word of caution guys, my partner (Jane) did a 7 year stint in neuro medicine and uses the bikers saying of "cheap lid, cheap head". get the best you can reasonably afford and if you do have an incident you wont have her at the end of the hospital bed.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest salty_monk

A mega expensive lid it's not so drastic if only using for track days. But I agree with Paul, certainly for bike use.

Yes they have to be kite marked or Ansi I think is the other allowable standard (german I think). Not sure if there is a DIN or ISO. Must be...

They did check all lids. Most lids sold have one of the standards marked on them I'm pretty sure...

Guest timswait

Yes, all helmets sold for road use will have the relvant markings for road use, but not necessarily the BS kite mark, most manufacturers don't seem to bother with BS anymore since it's not necessary for the road. CHECK BEFORE YOU BUY!

I also agree that for road use it's worth shelling out the extra for a better helmet, but for the occasional track day then Demon Thieves' prices are somewhat steep (I don't think they sell one for less than £250).

Guest John Walton

Having talked to the Clerk of Course at Barkston, he is happy with the helmet type as shown by Rizla, ACU approved/British Motocycle Sport.

Nitro do one of these for £40

I have HT HUGHES Proban Oulton Motorsport Suit Class2 -

Proban treated flame retardant cotton drill. even fits the the larger person very good service arrived the next day. the price you see is the price you pay as well no VAT or DEL to add.

I Now have every thing for the day Helmet Gloves Intercom Boots and Proban Oulton Motorsport Suit.

So Bring it ON