Wobbly Gearstick!

Guest docter fox

Guest docter fox

is it just mine or does everyone else's wobble a hell of a lot? the "buldgy" bit seems to wobble a lot, probably more than it should although i dont actually know what its for :rolleyes: do you need it? or can it be cut off and just a metal rod welded in place? :D

seems a long way into each gear aswell :unsure: is it normal? any gear stick related help would be appreciated :)

Guest Charles B

The wobbly bit is the rubber vibration damper, originally I pulled the top section off and tapped the remainder to take the knob. I've fitted a quick shift now, which works fine.

Guest docter fox

i was thinking about replacing it but wondered whether i actually need it :wub:

whats the best (best value :rolleyes: ) quickshift lever to get? and roughly how much?

You dont realy need it.

But the comon reason for them to go wobbly is the nylon reinforcement ring drops out from under the bulge. It then sits doing nothing round the lower gear lever. If it has not been cut off it can be superglued back.

Or of course you can shorten the lever and do away with the bulge altogether.

Guest chris brown
quickshift lever to get? and roughly how much?
Free. Make your own it used to be on the build tips all you need is three longer bolts to replace the three bolts there at present and three m10 nuts about 8mm thick Then you just cut the top ring off the rubber above the plastic ball then bang the ball 8mm further up the leaver and reassemble using the three nuts as spacers holding the triangular plate on the leaver away from the g/box

Guest docter fox

i did try to make my own a while ago but i think the spacer (mums cooking board, shh) was a bit to thick as i had trouble selecting the gears, perhaps another attempt is needed :)