Every Silver Lining Has A Cloud

Guest Dredd

Guest Cantbearsed

The difference between me and the spotty oik in Halfords is I know how to access the system to USE the info gleaned from asking make, model, year, transmission and wheel size ! If you could give me the reg of the donor, sometimes it's even easier !

And incase you were wondering the friction plate came from a 2.3 V6 Granada, Cortina or Capri Super, but not the standard 2.3 Capri. Go figure....

81GB 7550 AA = 323 0181 16 (LUK Part No.) = 232mm Dia. 23 x 26mm Spline

The LUK kit number (3 parts) is 624 0136 06 which retails at £127.40 +vat, but thats just plain stupid money.

An interesting note for you chaps running 20XE engines:

Up to engine number 14128448, clutch plate is 220mm Dia.

From engine number 14128449 on, clutch plate is 230mm Dia.

And that's for Astra and Cavalier variants.

So the late XE engines with their 230mm Dia clutches are the flea in the blanket as all others appear to have 220mm Dia. Clutch friction plates.Anyone know if they are interchangeable?

For Ref:LUK clutch kit numbers...

622 0175 06 Sierra 2.0 c/w Type 9

622 0667 00 Sierra DOHC c/w MT75

623 0608 00 early 20XE

623 0928 00 later 20XE

622 1643 00 Rover 220 NON TURBO.

Still working on the kit breakdown but the info will be here as soon as i'm sure it's correct.

Wonder if i can persuade LUK to make up kits once i've ironed out the part numbers? Worth an ask, as they can only say no....

HTH

Dale.

ps. who's part number was the second one Jim?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dredd

Nope - all bolts accounted for. This is definitely an intruder that has fallen into the bell housing via the large hole cut into it to accomodate the starter motor. A hint to other SS builders; COVER THE HOLE :huh:

• 1 month later...
Guest superspec

Dredd

In one of your items you mention that you have used a return spring on the clutch.

Is this between the release arm and the Bell housing ?. I am building a Super spec which is near to SVA but the clutch is a little noisy when warm and idling

Guest Dredd

What I have done is fix a spring into the lever (through the existing hole) and clip the other end behind the return of the passenger footwell end plate. If this holds it will be a fine example of engineering, if not, then I will class it as a temporary bodge to prove a concept! :p

The noise does dissapear albiet after 40 miles on a warm day it creeps back.