Has Anyone Got One Yet

Guest Paul TVR one

Guest Paul TVR one

Has anyone got the new lightweight yet, :rolleyes: I saw it at stoneliegh and quite like the look of it, but I am not sure how good the chassis will be in a few thousand miles being made of ally and then been riveted together ? You would think it might shake apart

Guest rizla

:( i my opinion its not strong enough and unproven,and im not convinced it will last that long,some of the steel monoquce hoods(inc my old s7)suffer from splitting chassis,i dont think they will be anywhere near as strong as those

just my opinion

Guest Battery Bill

Andrew

and unproven,and im not convinced it will last that long

For someone who is wizzing around as a test pilot for a new "unproven" road car :rolleyes: , I think you should be careful what you say here :lol: :lol: :p

Guest micky bigthumbs

I went to buy an early Westie se on sunday it looked more fragile than the lightwieght ive now got my doubts about westies and lightwieghts

Mick

Guest scotty g

Having now seen one close up i would agree with Rizla, i just don't see how it can be strong enough. Damn shame, i still say its a very nice looking kit, i wander what the new owners will do with it??

Guest Jim Poole

I hope they've used the right grade of aluminium. Get the wrong one and after a while of 'flexing' the metal will harden and then crack.

Hi

theres been a lot of talk about the lightweight on and off over the past 12 months. RS seems to have said, almost all along, that its not really a road car, but more aimed at track car buyers. Who would use the chassis for a single season, with a full rebuild (new kit) for the following season.

Or at least thats how I remember him explaining it to me last summer ;)

e

PS RS was saying at stoneliegh that the sale for RHE was finalised on the previous friday. So I guess there should be some news in the near future

e

Guest Paul TVR one

I spoke to Richard at stoneliegh, He told me the sale had been completed, but they had asked him to stay on for a few weeks, but he did say that the Robinhood web site would be updated this week, I keep looking but but no update yet, Anyway thank you for your points of veiw and it looks like it will be the 2B for me cheers Paul