Ford Sierra Xr4x4 Donor

Guest davepro

Guest davepro

Hi All,

Intrested knowing is a) I can use the front discs etc, and B) if any one else has fitted a 2.9i V6 in to one.

Any help would be appreciated.

Dave

Guest chris brown

There are lots you can use but you will require front uprights from a 2 wheel drive car as for fitting the V6 it can be done but it requires major modification to the chassis so is not a job to be undertaken unless you have all the kit and a good engineering background.

Hi Dave, is it the 2.9 V6? i just got the cosworth version to put in my 2B but after a bit of measuring it is a major job! Chasis needs modifying, pedals and server need to be moved, bonnet raised, steering, well god knows about the steering as it passes straight through where the engine needs to go? But i am keeping the engine and it is a ongoing project, so if you manage it please keep me informed.

Thanks

Simon

Guest davepro

I have had an email from a guy who has put a 2.4 V6 into a B2. Phyiclly they are the same size, although the cosworth is a quad cam and must be much biger up top.

If I move the project forward I will of course keep you up to speed.

Dave