Injection Fuel Pipes

Jez Morton

Just like to get a bit of feed back of fuel pipes for injection. I'm using 8mm copper pipe through the tunnel and rubbber hose on the ends with jubilee clips. Is this method okay for the fuel pressure needed for injection and what methods have other used.

Cheers Jez

Guest chris brown
Is this method okay for the fuel pressure needed for injection
Yes Jes that is exactly what I used and I think Bill as well the only thing is you must use rubber hose suitable for injection but this is no problem as all motor factors stock it. Also when cutting the pipe to length ensure that it has the specification on the bit use and fit it so as the tester can read it easily. It does mean if you are using short bits you may have to waste the odd bit.

Guest Battery Bill

Jez

Chris is right we used the same setup, only our metal pipes are aluminium (Thanks to the queen :lol: ) and yes the rubber pipes have to have Fuel written on them on each section as well :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Halfrouds do the hose and its pretty cheap :D :D Jubilee clips hold it all together nicely

(Oops I just read Nigels post :lol: :lol: Whats wrong with Jubilee clips then Nigel? )

Guest Battery Bill

Nigel

The man from SVA, he say no to jubilee clip on fuel hose

Not our man he was happy with Mr Jubilee :D :D Your man must be fussy. :lol:

Anyway if Jubilee clips are good enough for aeroplanes they are good enough for little car fuel pipes :D :D

I'm sure I have heard of SVA failures where one of the listed fail points was the use of jubilee clips instead of the correct fuel hose retainers on fuel pipes. I agree with you that the correct size jubilee clips are perfectly functional but the SVA rules are applied by SVA inspectors. The majority are sensible real world human beings who have an understanding of the intention of SVA as ensuring that amateur built cars have to reach a safe standard of design and construction before getting a MAC.

Sadly there are still a few analy retentive jobsworth inspectors without the wit or understanding to use any thought, intelligence or the slightest trace of common sense when inspecting a car and who will fail it on that point. These are the same ones who believe the sharp edges of the spare wheel tyre tread are a fail point! There's no point using reason with these types. They don't have the intelligence, understanding or competance to recognise it and to see beyond the rule book. Good engineering practice is irrelevent if because of the way the rules are written it does not comply. Doesn't matter if you can show it's more effective or safer. Rules is rules and it's more than my jobs worth to pass it. I feel for you mate and I'm realy sorry but I would never forgive myself blah blah etc

Nigel

I'll just have a lie down now.

Guest chris brown

are you feeling better yet Nigel after that outburst :p :p :p

As for using those hose clips that have the bent up bits that have to be crimped up. They are fine if you have the correct tool for doing them up (pincer type things that can be used both end on or flat against the pipe) if not they cam be awkward to say the least in a confined area