Rs2000 Sump And Pinto Oil Pick-up Pipe

peter_m7uk

Guest Battery Bill

Kieth

I think I'll drive with care and if I want high ground clearance buy myself a landrover.

Better get looking for a Landrover then, because your sump "Will" bottom out :rolleyes: and it will burger it :rolleyes: :rolleyes: No matter how "Carefully you drive. I personally would not like to drive a car like this and have to worry every time you hit a little bump in the road at speed. When you are cornering if you hit a bump and the oil ends up on your back tyres :blink: :blink:

My welding skills are sadly not up to a DIY sump conversion as per the NW web site.

Well do the cutting and get someone else to do the welding, it wont cost much and will be safer than slowing down and crossing your fingers :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill

Dan

But in the space of one week a while ago :

Craig in Grimsby

Johnboymac in Scotland

And Mickey Bigthumbs (Sump number 3 :rolleyes: )

All burggered their unmodified sumps, I think they might agree the sump need modding

(Or Bodging in some peoples eyes :p :p )

(Oh and Mickey might not agree either as he seems to like changing sumps :lol: :lol: :lol: )

Perhaps you were just lucky :p :p

Guest Andybarbet

Check out ebay Item number: 4554073374

Shortened sump and pickup pipe £30 at the mo, doesnt look like it has the box welded on side like mine though ?

Guest salty_monk
Perhaps you were just lucky

Not lucky... I fully agree mine would have been holed a number of times without the sump guard. For someone with an engine already installed that can't weld the sump guard would take not a lot of time to fit & it will keep them on the road until they have time to get a sump modified. Personally I would do both for a belt & braces approach, as people with the modified sump have still holed them. I had a sump ready to mod but time never allowed....

He's not been on a run with us yet Bill!

The car did 3k+ miles in less than a year. This included all around London (full of speedbumps), up to Leicester, to Norfolk, to Swansea, to Stratford Upon Avon, to Bristol and the list goes on... I also did 2 track days in that time. In short it was well used by most peoples standards & I never had any problems but often caught the sump guard (you can see the scrapes in the pics on another post) proving that having nothing in place is a recipe for disaster.

Anyway's... "Burger" off the both of you & pick on someone who isn't actually agreeing with you!!! :lol: :lol: :D :lol: :lol: