Brake Bias

Guest old_timbo

Guest Battery Bill

Peter

ohohoh mini bits i realy need the loom connector plug to go into the wiper motor if any of you mini fiddlers have one or know where i can one, its a 5 pin doodaa

:D :D :D

Guest old_timbo

Finally got a chance to check it all out. No compensator. Rear drums look big - 9" across outside of the drum and bigger in diameter that the front discs, but I supose that's standard 2.0l Sierra. No idea what type or make of front pads.

Had another moment, was braking not too hard from about 60, fortunatley in a straight line. Only medium pedal pressure, but the rear tyres were howling and jumping around very inappropriately. Not a peep from the fronts. In fact the rears were limiting how hard I could brake.

Found a Mini compensator attached to one of our subframes, but very cruddy so I think I will try the Wilwood proportioning valve. Suppose I'd better invest in a brake line flaring tool as well. What is the line size? Do I need to worry about imperial or metric?

i've got a brake bias dial thing on my car, that i want to adjust. Anyone got any idea which way i should turn it to move the bias further forward?

Guest old_timbo

Just found out that the Sierra estate rear slave cylinders are 2mm in dia. larger than the saloon version and are a straight swap. I know that my cylinders have been replaced. So maybe I've got a pair. Would explain my bias towards the rear.

Grim, any idea what make your valve is? Looks like the more you screw them in the more bias towards the front you get.

Tim

Grim, any idea what make your valve is? Looks like the more you screw them in the more bias towards the front you get.

no idea, all it says is 'increase' and 'decrease' with arrows in opposing directions. I'll have a fiddle tomorrow if it's dry.