Rear Wheels Contacting Inner Panels

Guest Dredd

Guest Dredd

During routine maintenance, found that my rear wheels are scuffing the inner stainless panel under the wheel arch. The scuffing can be seen above the wheel when no weight in the car. I can only assume that this is happening under cornering or other extremes, ie bump in road. Is it possible to adjust rear camber? Should I increase preload on springs?

Also the car seems to be a bit left hand down when viewed from rear, is this a clue? <_<

I know that some people have fitted camber wedges which should help by pushing the top of the tyre out. A quick fix may be to fit some wheel spacers, you can get thin ones that shouldn't push them out to far. As for the slight drop on one side, i am no expert but i would measure body to suspension both sides when it is on the ground and do it again with it jacked under the diff if you have different distances either side it could be the pre load on the shocks or check if you have any spacers under the tubes as i do on the zemmerides. That said i would always defer to the more experienced on this forum.

Guest salty_monk

Camber wedges are cut by engineering firms but I belive in quantities of 25 sets or so.. someone was selling them a while back, do a search & you'll find more info for definite...

:)

Guest Tim Norman

The alternative to the wedges is to refit the diff a little higher. Bobson's diff is fiitted level with the top of the mounting and his whells are bang upright with a little camber creeping in under full load.