Washer Jets

Joel

Can anyone recommend a car to take some suitable windscreen washer jets from?

I dumped the Sierra ones when it was scrapped.

I don't want to have to cut an odd shaped hole in the bonnet, as I'll be replacing them after SVA with something like this.....

Guest Mr Pid

Ooh they're pretty.

where d'yu get them from? Are they fully adjustable?

I seem to remember peugeot 205 rear washer jets to be very simple in design, nice and domed so easy pass on the SVA. ;)

Used to have loads of people come in the dealership after going to monkey world- apparently the monkeys loved them but i doubt they were building a 2B, so you can either go to ur local scrappy, pop down to your local peugeot dealer or see if you can pursuade the monkeys to give up their stash! :D

Stu

Joel

The one you have in the picture will fail sva, i know mine did.

I replaced them for the retest with the sierra one siliconed in place. As long as the work and point to the screen there ok.

They did'nt look very good but worked all the same.

If i still have them i and you're going to Newark i will bring them with me and you can have them. (will have to check i still have them)

Mitch

Stu they are ajustable. I have just one fitted in my 2b

i bought it at one of the shows this year.

Guest robbie

I used the washer jets from the headlight wipers. With a bit of adjustment they clip onto the wiper arm and move with it. A carefully "sized" hole in the bonnet allowing just enough clearance for the pipe connector and then the pipe pushes up tight to the bonnet! Just a few small cable ties to hold pipe to wiper and there ya go!

Seems to work ok so far.

Robbie

Joel,

I got myself some nice chrome washer jets like you but fitted some cheap ones from halfords for SVA, I have fitted my chrome ones now so I have the Halfords ones spare if you want them. Both types fit the same size hole.

I'll be at Newark Sat/Sun if you are going.

Also, if any one wants the steering wheel cover I made for the SVA (not SVA approved but passed on my car) I can bring that along with me as well. FOC.

Les

Thanks,

As Les said, I discovered this morning that Halfords do some basic dome jets for a couple of quid. Easier than hunting around a scrap yard anyway.

Stu - The jets in the picture are from Europa spares. About £4 each I think.

Guest Jim Castle

Just passed the SVA with halfords plastic cheapies fitted. Will probably get round to putting my Darth Vader chrome ones on in due course as they are the same size hole. Now added to post SVA list of jobs which seems to be growing as much as pre-SVA had to do's!

Jim