Xr4x4

Guest gogsie

Guest gogsie

Hi,

I'm new to the site and will be joining the club as i'm going to be building a 2b. My question is i know of an Xr4x4 about to be scrapped can i use any parts of it, I know the gearbox and engine are no good but what about the rear diff and subframe assy and what about front stub axle assy's and steering components.

I like the idea of rear discs and lsd which i think the 4x4 has.

Any help would be great.

Cheers

Gogsie

I think the only thing you can keep is the rear end. As you say it's LSD which is a good enough reason! Engine and gearbox are out (unless it's a DOHC engine or Cossie lump). The pedal box, steering column, instruments and all the other usual stuff (someone else will probably post a list of useful items) can be kept. You don't need the steering rack as you get one with the kit (I think).

You might be better off acquiring a complete donor as it's bound to cost less than sourcing all these parts from a breaker's. But at the very least grab the back axle as it's worth a few bob.

Or you could wait 'till the 4x4 Robin Hood Rager kit comes out... :)

Guest gogsie

The engine is US as it spent its last days flying round a local field with some teenagers driving it.

It is a 2.9 though.

have you heard of anyone fitting a Honda s2000 engine and box to a kit?

Guest salty_monk

They do that with a kit here in the USA. I posted a link to their site the other week. Think it was called an MK ultralite.

Not heard of anyone using them yet in the UK but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened...

Dan

Guest chris brown
Honda s2000 engine and box to a kit?
Unfortunately unless you were very lucky I think it would cost so much for the bits it would be way beyond most of our pockets. But it would make a super car It’s a pity other Honda units can’t be fitted.

Guest gogsie
Unfortunately unless you were very lucky I think it would cost so much for the bits it would be way beyond most of our pockets. But it would make a super car It’s a pity other Honda units can’t be fitted.

Just saw this and was tempted but the price is creeping up now!!.

I'm a bit of a Honda nut and drive an Accord Type R, I just live for that post 5500rpm party!!