Carb To Efi?

Grim

Having seen this ebay auction, i'm tempted to convert my carb system to EFI. Is this a sensible idea? In case i've missed sometrhing, what would need to be done?

I currently have a 32/36dgv carb on an injection engine. I have no plans to tune it at all, i just fancy an improvement in the mpg.

I'd rather modify the plenum chamber than the bonnet, are there any plans for this modification online?

I understand i'll need a swirl pot as well, there is plenty on here already for me to read about.

Andy

Guest chris brown
I'd rather modify the plenum chamber than the bonnet, are there any plans for this modification online?
There are somewhere but not very good but I started to write up the mod some time back and will complete it and send it to you if you do decide to go down the EFI route. The whole mod is not difficult. You will need a return line to the tank if you haven’t already got one and the feed transferred to the bottom of the tank into a container that will act as a swirl pot from this an inline filter is a must before the pump. After the pump fit a normal (5 micron) injection filter (I use a Vauxhall one as it is small and easy to fit and secure).

I've already got a return line, as the car was an injection before the previous owner fitted a cosworth :D and removed it again :(

I'm not sure if the feed is on the bottom of the tank, i think it is (custom plastic Chris Gibbons).

If it looks like there are no major disadvantages for my needs, then i'd like to have the plenum modification plans from you, if you could. Thanks.

45 ;)

When chatting to the previous owner when i bought it, i have a feeling that it doesn't have a swirl pot, but i'd like to be wrong!

Does anyone have an opinion on a plenum modified like this:

IMAG024.JPG

Guest Battery Bill

Andy

I would go for it if I were you, the injection is just so reliable and you dont have any worries on cold wet mornings it just fires up straight away. Economy is a good factor as well.

If Mitch is right and you already have the swirl pot then its only an extra fuel line you need to fit then all the gubbins under the bonnet. :D :D

go on get your bid in :lol: :lol:

Guest Battery Bill
Does anyone have an opinion on a plenum modified like this:

Yes Chris Brown has an opinion on this :lol: :lol: :lol: :p

Oh well a swirl pot won't be a hard job its only a little pot where the fuel feeds to and wont slop around too much which would upset the injection system :D

im almost sure, when i looked under you're car at harrogate, it had a 4" square extension on the bottom where the pipes are conected,

If im right, the swirl pots there already

HTH

Mitch