Good Day At Brands Hatch

Guest Guy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Busa Rush
Funny how the people who only joined the club for the trackdays can be so Hostile :rolleyes:

I was only quoting from a letter I got from Marc who is an ex touring car racer so he does not need to boast about his achievements

Probably not get in because all the freeloaders have taken over, Anyway me and Joey enjoyed ourselves so thats all that counts :rolleyes:

that's a bit unfair bill i joined the club cus i would sooner be in it than the dax one better bunch of blokes in the rhocar club ...and i go to the local club meets at gozzards ford every month work permitting... me and steve have been invited to do the rafmsa series next yr so will prob be using slicks then anyway so i wouldn't come back to do another one with you all that would be unfair then..

you have to realise that nothing on that day was faster than duncan full stop...

am not hostile at all and nor is steve just had to put you all straight that's all

dave :)

Guest docter fox
it wont be cheep though :(

I hate that phrase <_< :rolleyes: :lol:

sounds like you may have to try your charm :rolleyes: perhaps we could charge him for our company :wub:

PS. where is the MNR workshop actually located?

:) its very neer,harrogate mate at a place called holly house farm,its about 15mins from the harrogate show ground

il have a chat with them some time,and see what he can offer in the way of tuition

Guest docter fox

thats just over an hour away from me then :) I wonder if they need anyone to make tea in the workshop :rolleyes:

definately worth a try in asking him, you must have made them thousands with the amount of people you've introduced to MNR :p

Guest Busa Rush
post the official times and let the loosers cry home in defeat :lol:

I think that we were shown that driving round a track is mostly about the driver when the now Mrs Walton embarressed a few people (me included) in her skoda at barkston with a time of just over a minute

PS. I want lessons from Marc in my car next year :D don't suppose he would be interested :wub: but I think I need to learn how to control what I have before spending thousands on a car I won't be able to get the best out of :wub: perhaps he could show a few others aswell...

:D now that's my kind of lady when you get a good female driver they are very good.... look forward to seeing you at barkston on the 2nd john top bloke... :D

dave..

:lol: :lol: :lol: did you go to the same dream school that battery bill went to?

I was in the car for the final session of the day when Marc was overtaking the other "faster" cars round the outside at clearways, druids, inside at graham hill and any route he chose at surtees...

The car was awesome and he is an awesome driver (and I have a full motor race licence so I know what is good and bad)...

http://www.btccpages.com/driv/nordonmarc.php

Most of them did him back down the straight (the hayabusa engined cars, v8's and other all power no handling machines) the only car that passed mark that we never passed back was some mid engined silver thing... have no idea what it was...

B)

Guest steve_m77
I was in the car for the final session of the day when Marc was overtaking the other "faster" cars round the outside at clearways, druids, inside at graham hill and any route he chose at surtees...

The car was awesome and he is an awesome driver (and I have a full motor race licence so I know what is good and bad)...

http://www.btccpages.com/driv/nordonmarc.php

Most of them did him back down the straight (the hayabusa engined cars, v8's and other all power no handling machines) the only car that passed mark that we never passed back was some mid engined silver thing... have no idea what it was...

B)

I can overtake 'faster' cars in my Mondeo TD . . . doesn't mean my Mondeo is faster than the cars I overtake, this is 10 pint pub talk . . . :rolleyes:

If anybody is in any doubt about the performance of a turbo Hayabusa powered 7 (could be almost any 7, ie Westfield, Dax, Tiger, MK etc) running on slicks and driven by a moderately good driver then they need only look at some of the sprint results for the past year . . . if you want to see how fast a Dax Rush is then look at Barkston and Daves results. Duncan Cowper beats most of the Jedi's he races and his car is road legal with the excption of slicks.

If the MNR is so good then why doesn't Marc put a turbo Hayabusa engine in one and have himself the fastest 7 in the UK ? He's probably got the driving skills to handle it. Maybe he ought to race it next year against other similar cars . . . that usually sorts the bull excrement from the shepards pie :D

Guest alan rowe

I had a really good day at Brands as well - I also went out in the Orange R1 powered MNR - really quick and driven with skill

Once back in mine for the journey home, quickly realised that there is not a lot of difference (except round corners)

Alan

I can overtake 'faster' cars in my Mondeo TD . . . doesn't mean my Mondeo is faster than the cars I overtake, this is 10 pint pub talk . . . :rolleyes:

If anybody is in any doubt about the performance of a turbo Hayabusa powered 7 (could be almost any 7, ie Westfield, Dax, Tiger, MK etc) running on slicks and driven by a moderately good driver then they need only look at some of the sprint results for the past year . . . if you want to see how fast a Dax Rush is then look at Barkston and Daves results. Duncan Cowper beats most of the Jedi's he races and his car is road legal with the excption of slicks.

If the MNR is so good then why doesn't Marc put a turbo Hayabusa engine in one and have himself the fastest 7 in the UK ? He's probably got the driving skills to handle it. Maybe he ought to race it next year against other similar cars . . . that usually sorts the bull excrement from the shepards pie :D

Steve

Haven't seen your pedigree so I won't doubt your qualifications or expertise in 10 pint pub talk... I'll agree with you that you obviously can use it... :rolleyes:

However... when a car come blasting past us on the straight and then we go around the outside of it at the next corner, it then passes us again, and then we go around it, and the car in front I have to think that there may be quite an advantage in the driver and/or the handling...

Nobody has doubted that a turbo powered Hayabusa car is quicker in a straight line than the R1 powered MNR, it would take a cabbage to think otherwise... but as you brought up the power of the hayabusa and your l337 skillz in the TD mondeo, you are obviously awared that out and out power is not everything...

Indeed My brother laps brands around the high 48's on his R1, and the cars corner speeds are higher than the bikes, so there must be something of a difference in how the different vehicles achieve a lap...

Marc Norden will be driving the MNR in the RGB class A next year powered by a ZX12R... His intention was to do the same this year, unfortunately work commitments and full order books have meant he has had to postpone that entry...

So I do hope you are ready to eat a sizeable portion of that bull excrement, as you have neither the experience of Marc driving or the handling of his car to make a judgement... Others that commented here have... They arent going on "well xyz car should beat this car coz its power to weight ratio is better" power to weight ratio does not make that power useable... ask the guy who is selling the N/A cosworth engine on ebay coz he cant get that power to the ground properly in his chassis...

The biggest difference in nearly every race car these days is the driver first, then the setup, then the chassis, then the brakes, then the engine... Having a powerful engine is irrelevant with without having the ability to handle it... having said that, if 2 cars are identical with identical drivers then the engine makes a big difference... sadly cloning hasnt yet been proven successful with racing drivers...

:lol:

Why don't you give Marc a ring and ask him for a ride at Donnington Park... then you can find out what the handling is like for yourself...

:blink:

Guest Busa Rush
Steve

Haven't seen your pedigree so I won't doubt your qualifications or expertise in 10 pint pub talk... I'll agree with you that you obviously can use it... :rolleyes:

However... when a car come blasting past us on the straight and then we go around the outside of it at the next corner, it then passes us again, and then we go around it, and the car in front I have to think that there may be quite an advantage in the driver and/or the handling...

Nobody has doubted that a turbo powered Hayabusa car is quicker in a straight line than the R1 powered MNR, it would take a cabbage to think otherwise... but as you brought up the power of the hayabusa and your l337 skillz in the TD mondeo, you are obviously awared that out and out power is not everything...

Indeed My brother laps brands around the high 48's on his R1, and the cars corner speeds are higher than the bikes, so there must be something of a difference in how the different vehicles achieve a lap...

Marc Norden will be driving the MNR in the RGB class A next year powered by a ZX12R... His intention was to do the same this year, unfortunately work commitments and full order books have meant he has had to postpone that entry...

So I do hope you are ready to eat a sizeable portion of that bull excrement, as you have neither the experience of Marc driving or the handling of his car to make a judgement... Others that commented here have... They arent going on "well xyz car should beat this car coz its power to weight ratio is better" power to weight ratio does not make that power useable... ask the guy who is selling the N/A cosworth engine on ebay coz he cant get that power to the ground properly in his chassis...

The biggest difference in nearly every race car these days is the driver first, then the setup, then the chassis, then the brakes, then the engine... Having a powerful engine is irrelevant with without having the ability to handle it... having said that, if 2 cars are identical with identical drivers then the engine makes a big difference... sadly cloning hasnt yet been proven successful with racing drivers...

:lol:

Why don't you give Marc a ring and ask him for a ride at Donnington Park... then you can find out what the handling is like for yourself...

:blink:

duncan was just playing around on that day....

his car / set up and driving skills combination are devastating... he had a chuckle when i told him all this last night.. he also said tell Mr mnr if he can beat me around brands he would give him his car :lol:

BTW dax open day on sat 24th anyone welcome free grub drinks all day duncan will be there too i am sure he would like to talk to any of you

dave