Good Day At Brands Hatch

Guest Guy

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest salty_monk

I dunno, ask him.. It's about 140 miles from me I think so very similar... He did follow Julie up though & I did overtake them "driving miss Daisy" on the way back so presumably not so good with a heavy boot...

Guest Busa Rush

it would go well but wouldn't be "quick" would be a bit on the heavy side .... sorry the ZX 10 in a hood i mean..

i hope i not started another row :rolleyes:

as for the mpg mine drinks it prob 15-20 mpg .... but then i always pull away and redline it in every gear up to a ton where ever i can :D it's intoxicating...

steve will prob be able to tell you what he gets from his he has a slightly higher diff than mine

cheers

dave

Guest megablade

I have 3.14 freelander diff in mine, and with 'spirited' driving I averaged 38mpg going to Le Mans this year. This did include various foray's into 3 figures :wub:

As Busa said, it is neigh on impossible not to 'nail' it at every opportunity :rolleyes: and it would be downright rude not to show 'the baseball cap and blue neon brigade' the way home :lol:

At a track day it falls to about 20 - 22 MPG :unsure:

i did newark and back on a tank full,thats a total of 300miles about 4 gallons of fuel at a steady 65-70mph

Honda fireblade

Engine - 998cc, liquid cooled, DOHC, in line four

Power - 132bhp @ 9500rpm

Top Speed - 161mph (257kph)

Dry Weight - 222kg (490 lb)

Standing Quarter Mile Time - 11.1sec

Launched - 1987

Fuel Consumption - 40mpg

Andy I make that 75 mpg was it all down hill ?

:) no just the dyno jet fitted replaces the standard needles,guess this is what does it,i was impressed to,

i put £20 in the tank before going and did barkston track day,put £5 in at the petrol station by the campsite,then put £20 in when i got home :blink: the milege there was 148 and the return was 151,dont know why i came and went the same way :rolleyes:

one point i will make is that on the road i drive like a adult should and respect the speedlimits etc,the good thing about driving at those speeds is people notice you,wave,say hello etc

driving into the redline etc on the roads is asking for trouble,and i need my liecence for my job