2b Chassis Cracking

Grim

Guest ultima dreamer

yes mine has got the angle iron going from one side to the other with the seat belt ancorage, which if you think about it could of been rather intresting if the axle ripped off?!? lol

also it's the mild steel 2ubee, i think it's one f the second or third batch that were dropped together on the famous 'accurate jig' that they used back in the good ole days!! :rolleyes:

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmmmmmm, disturbing. I was hoping it'd be due to me not having that angle iron, or even that it only affected stainless models.

Have you had a lot of grounding problems?

What engine do you have in? Mine used to have a normally aspirated cosworth, which 'could' have made a difference.

Guest ultima dreamer

it has the main nylock nuts ground away on the road, not much left now so you could say it has bottomed out a few times, but as i said before its done 18,000 miles, very happy miles as well!!, i just want to do a load more safely!!

the mods that i've done are as follows;

modifid 2litr pinto, mild road ralley cam, ported gas flowed, 38 degas carb, vernier pulley, lighted+ballenced flywheel,sts front wishbones, coil overs in all corners, so you could say it's not standerd, but i'm still a bit worried?! that all the other kits out there could have the same problem with out people knowing!

Guest micky bigthumbs

Grim youre sideways driving was impressive today..which made me think with the high torque of the cossie and the LSD ....when the back end was wound up the lsd would keep traction transfering the energy to the chasis ....with an ordinary diff a wheel would spin releasing the energy and not twisting the chasis and body...IMO

Mick