2.0 Glsi F Plate

Guest bloke

Guest bloke

currently lookin for a donor, seen above but owner says management system lets engine rev to 3k but no further (get you home sort of thing)

does anyone know how difficult this is to fix etc

lookin forward to your reply

Guest bloke

ta for the reply jim

if i put a carb and ignition on would they need to come from a 2l car? and how would it affect the loom etc???

would the engine need any other bits???

sooooooo many questions but all interesting stuff

Guest timswait

(This is just from reading the Haynes Manual)

The EFi computer has a limited operation strategy which cuts in to keep the engine running if something goes wrong with the computer or it's sensors. It sounds likely that this is what has happened. If it's a sensor you'll need to find out which one and replace it. If it's the ECU itself (more likely) then this will need replacing. If you get it from Ford it will be hideously expensive (I phoned them and found a simple throttle potentiometer was £67!), but a scrappy should be reasonable. Personally I'd stick to the EFi, I spoken to a few people who use it and none regret it. I'm in the middle of swopping my engine for a 2.0i at the moment.

Guest pauls13

Well I don't own a Hood (yet :) ) but I did used to have a 88 GLSi sierra and it sounds to me like its the afm or the throttle position sensor, sadly as some have found out these cars had a few specific parts (had the ignition module (£80) and distributor (£105)fail on mine :(