What Bits Fit?

Guest Dredd

Brother in law is buying new panels etc for the 2b kit he is refurbishing. It is a 2b double wishbone circa 2001. We believe it was an alligator bonnet but, what are the componant parts. i.e. nose cone and single piece bonnet/scuttle or left side right side bonnet and nose cone plus scuttle?

Any help will be appreciated, hopefully RHSC will take to Donnington to collect.

Guest TerryBarry

I'm fairly sure that it would be a left hand and right hand bonnet halves and a nosecone, plus there would be two triangular reinforcement pieces where the rear pivot bolts go - but you should be able to fabricate them yourselves.

Later ones have a folded reinforcement piece that goes along the rear edge across the join.

When i was fixing my nose cone to the bonnet I used some tiny M4 dome allen bolts from screwfix. I think it looks a bit better than pot rivets. when I eventally get round to fitting you stone guards im going to use them again B)

If it helps!!!

Jon