Mt75 Mated To A Pinto

peter_m7uk

Someone at work is selling an MT75 box and I wondered if it was worth having? :huh:

My current plan is to use the Type9 with my Pinto in a Lightweight, but the MT75 is supposed to be lighter (how much?) and is a more modern design, so it could be worth the trouble? Would it bolt straight on, or would I need to muck about with bellhousings, flywheels etc?

Cheers,

Pete ;)

Should pretty much bolt straight on - not sure about it being lighter but it's definitely wider (around the main case anyhow). I suspect that would be of more concern than the weight difference (because I can't see it being much different). Maybe better to try and find an ally bell-housing for th type-9.

Iain

Pete,

I fitted a type 9 box on a DOHC engine instead of the MT75 that should go with it and had to do a bit of work to get it to fit.

The bolt holes will line up apart from the bottom two on the pinto engine, the MT75 bell housing is also bigger on the bottom as it bolts to an alloy sump so there will be a gap at the bottom. I also had to machine the flywheel to get the clutch to work as it's about three times as thick as the pinto one so there could be issues with the clutch operating arm and thrust bearing.

les