Inertia Fuel Switch

Guest Karl

Does anyone know of where I can view and buy the inertia fuel pump cutoff switches? theres a oil pressure sender one (but my oil pressure takes a while to drop and then you need to by pass it to fill the carb etc from time to time) and the other type that is often mounted in the rear of the car or in the engine bay and has a reset button, thats more what i'm after :)

Help anyone?

Thanks,

KiwiKarl,

Guest chris brown
"and you cant get more negative than that"
You can when someone has one that has tripped because someone has rammed his car while he wasn’t there which you witnessed. He and a real friend spent the next 20 minuets trying to figure what had gone wrong while YOU stood and watched. B) B) :wacko:

Even after all that, for all it is not a requirement of SVA I would recommend fitting one. Allot of fuel can be pumped out of a split fuel line very quickly in an accident.

Yes I feel if you have any electric fuel pump in your car and its used on the street or track it SHOULD have a oil pressure fuel switch or the fuel pump inertia one.I for one don't like the idea of being burnt to a crisp as a fuel pump delivers fuel everywhere in a crash on a public road if the ignition can't be reached.They often have a switch that you can adjust to how much shock sets it off plus you have a push button to reset them.I can't see why you wouldn't want one whether its a rule or not really. :(

Guest timswait

Mine came out of the Sierra donor, it was in the spare wheel well in the boot, I agree, worth fitting, even if it has tripped unnecesarily once.

BTW: If the fuel pump is driven by the ECU it should detect the engine has stopped (after the crash) and turn off the fuel pump accordingly, still better safe than sorry.

Yeah I think so, I think I might find a wrecking yard and see if I can get one in good condition as the shock ones can be dear, not that safety should have to much of a price on it:)

Guest Cantbearsed

All monte-no-go's had them too, under the centre console infront of the gear lever. Does the same job, just found in a different place. Montegos getting popular in scrappies now. Small enough switch to pinch if there's nothing else worth having....