Mondeo Heated Front Screen

Evening guys, well as no doubt you helped me in my search for a new car post, you will know i got a 2.5 24V V6 Mondeo Ghia X. First day of ice on the car.....got in put on the lovley heated seats.....and front screen and waited for the magic to happen........ but it didn't, the heated front screen does not seem to work. :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :angry:

I'm sure its hard to break these, as maybe a few lines would go but not all of it?

Checked the fuses and they are fine.......anybody any experience of this or think of something else to check?

Frosty night tonight so any help very welcome

Thanks

Simon

Guest Battery Bill

Simon

I am in a similar boat as you, but our windscreen only works in a foot wide strip in front of the driver, and a few other strips over to the passenger side :boohoo: :boohoo:

I was so excited at the first frost as well :boohoo: :boohoo:

Oh well no doubt it will get a stone chip pretty soon (I had enough in the last Mondeo :lol: :lol: )

Sorry not much help, but I pour tepid water over the icy glass and its clear straight away :D :D

hi all

okay if its all not working, as the others said check fuse, relays and switch,

then check the connections on the edge of the screen, make sure they are not damaged,

Bill if only part of its working its an easy fix but will cost you £50,

take a small screwdriver place point against screen, hit it with Richard Stewarts no1 tool,

get out yellow pages and ring Autoglass, and they will fit you a nice new one with all the elements working

pay excess and job done

Check you have screen cover first!!!!

Must admit, loved the heated screen when i had a Scorpio Est,

no scraping flick switch two mins and away, no refreezing 100 yrds down the road.

Why are'nt all cars fitted with them,

miss the heated seats too

Mitch

Thanks for the quick replies!! Fuses are ok, no relay that i can see, just one to turn it off after a certain period.......which it did as the switcdh light led was on and then turned off after roughly 5 mins as it should.

I was thinking of the hammer to the windscreen option but thought i would explore all other options first!!!

anyone know where the connector under the dash is? :wacko:

connecters for the screen (on the scorpio) were at the bottom two corners (1 each side) as it heater elements are in two halfs.

both sides faulty, i would say its the connections or switch, just because switch lights, still could be faulty

HTH

Mitch

Guest Battery Bill

I have windscreen cover because I have used it 3 times already :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Lots of resurfaced roads round here without flattening the chips down :gdit: :angry: :angry:

Anyway thanks for the tip Mitch (You Crook) :ph34r: :ph34r: :lol: :lol:

Why are'nt all cars fitted with them,

miss the heated seats too

I hate heated front screens. I can see the elements when I am driving. My skoda has a very good water system, the screen clears almost as fast as a heated front screen because hot air is available so quickly.

You could put heated seats in your hood. We have very nice Volvo heated seats in ours. They were very good going down to the Exeter show as the air temp was -5.