Speed Detector And Sat Nav?

Well apart from smashing up my front windscreen to get the heated screen working i also have a few pounds letf to try and keep my license........ i know i know...dont speed.........but occasionally the old right foot goes a bit heavy and before you know it your up into tripple figures...

So are the any good speed detectors ( both static camaras and mobile units) and if poss Sat Nav as well??

Saw the new road angel Navigator wich looks great but is over £300

Saw this, any good? Surley if Sat Nav works off GPS then static camara locations should be able to be put on this?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/IPAQ-POCKET-PC-TOMTO...1QQcmdZViewItem

Guest micky bigthumbs

I bought a road angel 2 detects everything , specs, mobile radar, vascar and all types of static camera and the ones behind you..360deg vision but i drive that carefully now because of it even the speed regulator ( wife ) says hury up will ya :wub:

Guest alan rowe

I've got a Road Angel 2 as well --- brilliant and like you Micky I seem to have slowed down -- all I'm doing is looking at the digital speedo reading and keeping it down and jump everytime it shouts at me ""warning safety camera""

A

I've got a Road Angel 2 as well. Expensive, but well worth it.

A query for you other guys, should the RA2 give voice warnings of what speed you should be doing ... or if you are over the speed limit? Mine just beeps at me and I then hear Tiff Needell saying "Warning, fixed safety camera" and constantly beeps. I had read on several forums that it should give audible voice warnings as well as this initial warning...... your thoughts?

T

Guest alan rowe

the only audible voice warnings are what you have already mentioned - it doesn't say if you are speeding, only beep at you if you go over your preset max speed

what is excellent is if you are scanned by a radar camera (mobile) it shouts ""warning warning warning watch your speed"" - only happened to me once so far and I jumped out of my skin

Guest micky bigthumbs

I went through a specs thingy it said slow down and enter data ..dont know what that meant...you can change voices with the downloads...my mate has got Roy chubby brown.... it great until you are in traffic no roof and chubby shouting ***king camera...and pedestrians all stare :lol: