Pull Test Evidence Needed

steve_wilson

Hi all,

I failed my iva yesterday on minor points, but with one headache of a problem.

the examiner asked for proof that a pull test has been carried out on the top harness mount.

it's this sort of mount

060720101081.jpg

has anyone else had a pull test done and has evidence?

doesnt really have to be on a 2b if you catch my drift

Thanks, Steve

Guest peter2b2002

when I had my sva test done they just looked at the bolts that went through the chassis top rail and the strenghtening plates that I put under the inner belt mounts, so I dont know why they are asking about a pull test

Guest peter2b2002

are the mounts on the tube that runs across between the roll bar, mine were welded onto the rear, new 2b's have the tube going through the cross bar, if the latter can you put thick washers under the nuts

peter2b

this is what ive managed to find so far. with thanks to richard at gbsc! top bloke

pulltest.jpg

not the biggest image on here, but i can send more detailed ones if people ever need them

hopefully will suffice

Is this a seat belt mount fitted to chassis at manufacture or was it welded in afterwards? Do you have the double top mounts as well;these normally went through the top seat-back tube vertically, would it be better to use 4 point belts. :unsure:

they were welded on by robin hood when the chassis was made

i only have single top mounts, which is half the problem i think. he did mention swopping for double top mounts but again it would involve more welding which i dont want to do near the fuel tank.

i've sent a copy of the brochure to vosa to see what they say. fingers crossed they let it slide!

Does the picture show the seat back panel below the mount? Yes; then could you fit plates, 1 top 1 bottom running forward to a new seat belt bolt that goes through both plates with a spacer between. plates are held in place by original belt bolt & new belt bolt,thus the seat belt mounting is not relying on the weld; pull test would need to pull bracket through chassis tube to fail. P.M. me your phone number if you would like to discuss; may have some suitable plate for above idea.

"smashing idea" Every once in a while 2 or 3 brain-cells get together & produce something worthwhile; most times the response is "silly sod". Keep us posted on your progress with IVA :good:

That's exactly what I had in mind; but if I had drawn it; it would def. not be worth sending to IVA man. Only point, make the plate 6mm -- gives you a little lea-way on min. radius. :good: