2b Front Suspension

Guest DaveBall

Guest DaveBall

Having sold my Exmo 2 to someone with too much money, the garage was looking decidedly empty. So i bought a 2B in need of TLC B-----Ks it needs a rebuild, firstly the front suspension is 'bottoming out'and I need to change the front springs and shockers, where Can I get some good springs from and preferably some gas filled shockers to give me some sort of adjustment. Obviously over the winter I can look at a new wish bone set up but I don't want it of the road during the summer. Any help would be appriciated

Rally design have a pretty good selection of springs & GAZ coilovers, their prices are very competitive.

Just re-read your message...sounds like you may have a sliding pillar setup?

If so then you are pretty much B****xed I'm afraid. Using bigger diameter wheels may help?

HTH Bob

Guest hull hoody

Hi Dave, I am just removing my sliding pillar set up. I have a set of adjustable gaz dampers if you are interested that where fitted to my car, they allowed the ride to be tweaked to suit usage.

Guest joni

I wanted to order some coilovers for my 2B from rally design but they need information on the dimensions of the coilover ie bolt eye size, spring weights, open length. Ideally a part number from Gaz if that narrows it down to a single part. Does anyone have this information from having purchased Gaz shocks? Cheers, jon

Guest DaveBall

Where is the best place to buy wishbone suspension units from to replace the sliding pillar set up. Has any body got any tips on changing over

Guest mower man

I wanted to order some coilovers for my 2B from rally design but they need information on the dimensions of the coilover ie bolt eye size, spring weights, open length. Ideally a part number from Gaz if that narrows it down to a single part. Does anyone have this information from having purchased Gaz shocks? Cheers, jon

Get in touch with Dave at Damper tech he probably knows the spec for 2bs by heart being as he sells them ,one email or phone call is all you need mower man :good:

• 1 month later...

I've finally got round to starting fitting my new gaz front shocks, I've drilled out to 1/2" to suit larger dia bolts, but the lower front mount doesn't fit the shock. Looks like the 'foot' the lower shock eye sits in isn't wide enough for the shock to fit in.... whats the best way round this, sure quite a few gaz front shock conversions have been done?

What wishbones did you eventually go with?

If the fixings are bolted to the wishbones, you can cut a short length of box section & remove the welded side to form a "U" shape to replace them.

If welded, then careful use of a grinder maybe????

I'll measure the width of the eyes on my Gaz shocks tonight & post it up

Bob

good advice, just got some box section offcuts from steel stockholder... just need to find someone with a bandsaw or autosaw now... never simple, was expecting to just bolt the new shocks in!