Bonnet?

Guest lee1

Hi,

I've recently brought a Robin Hood S7 and was wondering where if possible is there to buy a replacement bonnet, the car currently has a stainless steel bonnet, but i would like to paint the car one/two colours so would like a fibre glass bonnet, or is it possible to paint the stainless steel.

Thanks

Guest fozzy2007

my s7 has a stainless steel bonnet and thats been painted. only problem in the future may be the fact its quite flexible and may crack the paint but in two years i have seen no problems.

Guest chris brown
Is it not possible to buy a new fibreglass bonnet for a s7

No the car was never meant to have fibreglass except for the minimum where it is not feasible to have steel or stainless

• 4 years later...
Guest karif2800

Hi, next week the car will be to machanic for some improvement. I'm not happy about the stainless steel look of bonnet and I still have some paint used for the fiberglass parts. The painter said me that the bonnet is too flexible for painting but I'm not sure of this. What kind of primer I've to use for a good and resistent paint with this very very flexible piece of steel? Could be a good idea a subframe in (wood?) under the bonnet? I also like to rivet some louvred panels to improve cooling is it a problem to use aluminium on stainless?

Thanks for help

You can do what I did for my bonnet and cut a strip of aluminium with the right curvature for the bonnet and then cut notches in from the top and bend the aluminium one way then the other and stick this to the underside of the bonnet. You only need about 2 inch width of ally to make a fairly sturdy T shaped (and curved) support bar which leaves 1 inch down and 1 inch either side and you stick the tabs to the bonnet.

It also doubles as a handy "handle" to carry the bonnet around with too :)

Simon.

Guest karif2800

Thank you very much for pictures I'll try on mine. For wraping I've wrapped my ex mini but on the exmo I've already painted the wings and nose so I'd like to have the same colour so I think painting is the unique option. I'll try with a reinforcement inside the bonnet