I Am Back But I Need Some Urgent Thoughts

Guest Angel Boy

Which would you get?  

46 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest Angel Boy

Well after an extended house move (lasting almost a year) I have finally managed to get around to connecting us back to the interweb.

But I am in need of some urgent thoughts / advice.

During this time the family has grown by one and my little Ibiza isn't big enough for all his stuff. So we are looking for a "family" car.

I have have been offered the following:

Vectra SRI with other £4000 worth of extras 1 year old - £13300

Octavia vRS brand new - £13580

Mondeo Zetec S, year and a half old - £10500

If you can vote and add comments etc it would be apreciated as I am torn between diesel economy (with a bit if diesel grunt as well), V6 sound (but pants fuel economy) or a sporty 1.8 turbo petrol number.

We have moved over 400 miles from friends and family and will be making the journey every couple of months or so.

Many thanks for your time and I'll also get around to posting a note on what has been going on in my life as well.

Cheers,

Andy

Guest alan rowe

I voted for the Skoda Andy but if you do go for it , it has to be in yellow - it makes quite a statement

there are a few near me being used by the law as chase cars - if the police choose a car it must be pretty good

Alan

The Skoda is awesome I have to admit. But just to be different, I'll vote for the Vectra - purely because I drove a colleague's CDTI 150 the other day and could not believe the grunt - and 45mpg! Quiet as well. It was comparable in performance to my 330d beemer.

If you can put up with the 'commonality' and the slightly strange dash, it'll be a good motor. Might depreciate a bit rapidly though - but won't they all!

Good luck and let us know your choice!

Andy

Guest 2bsprint

Six months ago I would have said go for the Vectra or a TDI sports passat but with lattest predictions that diesel will be over a pound a litre by the beginning next year (because of refining problems) . Now I don't really see the benefits of having a diesel.

Guest paul thompson

Hi Andy,

I'd go for the diesel, I'd probably never buy anotehr petrol car again, I have a NIssan Primera with 140 BHP but 365 Nm torque, awsome. Thinking about if I could stand the noise of the diesel in the hood as you can't insulate it so well with no roof. I had a CVH engine in the boot towing my mate in a fiesta the other day up a 1 in 6 hill in 5th no problemo, didn't even slow down at 40 mph.

Guest chris brown
Call me horrible, but Skodas still do nothing for me!
You are missing out on some of the best tintops on the market Mat. Some say they have a better build quality than VW, but they are certainly equal to.

Guest lardy-fatboy

my sister works for VW so gets a brand new car every 6-9 months :boohoo: now ive driven most but if the money was there i would go for a golf GTTDI 150. B)

with a 150 bhp turbo engine ( i know its a diesel ) but it shifts like mad through the gears and a 6 speed box-climate-leather -17 s :D

and you wont loose £2000 in the first year.

only my opinion tho :D duncan

Guest chris brown
Yes, BUT A SKODA?!!
Snob :p :p ;) remember Skoda built some of the worlds best luxury cars in the 20's and 30's it was only the communist regime that dragged them down.

Guest craig030774

go for gas

29p a litre at some morrisons stores most you pay is 41p

focus 1.8 tickford head 170 miles for 11 quid on a run