Pinto Viscous Fan Wanted

dandan62

My recently purchased RH with 1600 pinto has a fixed fan on it. It is robbing me of a few hp I think. The previous owner replaced the original viscous one when he was having overheating problems. I have sorted that with a nice new alloy rad so have plenty of cooling. I know I could go down the electric route but simple is best in my opinion. So if anybody has an old viscous one lying about I would be interested.

Guest Gargoil

I have one, which is the good news.

Most of my stuff (including the fan) is in storage and not accessible, which is the bad news. If you can wait a couple of months, then it should become available. If not, good luck with your search, Ebay has the odd one, every now and then.

Guest Richard7

Good afternoon dandan62,

I have got the fan blade with its thermo visvcous unit still attached that came off my 1600cc Pinto. I also have a fan without the thermo viscous unit in the middle. Both have the part number 79BB-8600-AA on the red plastic blade. I have given them a quick clean, but I now need to find a suitable box and packaging. Then I will weigh it and work out two prices for you including delivery. Unfortunately the forum will not allow me to attach a photo to this post, it will only allow when I start a new post/thread. So please keep an eye out in the For Sale section over the next few days so I can add a photo.

Guest 2b cruising

Good afternoon dandan62,

I have got the fan blade with its thermo visvcous unit still attached that came off my 1600cc Pinto. I also have a fan without the thermo viscous unit in the middle. Both have the part number 79BB-8600-AA on the red plastic blade. I have given them a quick clean, but I now need to find a suitable box and packaging. Then I will weigh it and work out two prices for you including delivery. Unfortunately the forum will not allow me to attach a photo to this post, it will only allow when I start a new post/thread. So please keep an eye out in the For Sale section over the next few days so I can add a photo.

apparently if you condense the picture using photobucket, it will be small enough to send. I've not tried that yet.

Guest Richard7

Here are the the photos of the two options I have. Please choose which one you want. With Thermo viscous unit is £12 and without is £9. Both prices include postage and packaging.

post-2435-0-54934300-1455802965_thumb.jpg

post-2435-0-12753200-1455802966_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...