Wings And Wheels Coventry Sun 24Th July 2016

richyb66

This event was pointed out to me by Steve49er who was talking to some of the Shackleton team at Motofest. It's at Baginton, Coventry on Sunday 24th July. You can show your car off (they ask for a small donation), Adults £5, Children £3 and family ticket £15. I'm not sure if showing you car means you don't pay the fiver though?

More details here:

https://www.evensi.uk/coventry-wings-amp-wheels-shackleton-preservation-trust/178025911

• Like 1

I'd hope in a month and a half I will make it with the kit..once I sort a few niggles....Very interested and the Air museum at Baginton is also very good, especially being allowed in the cockpit of the Vulcan they have there :D

I think Stoneleigh should follow suit and ask for donations from drivers. Seen on the page someone asking what donation would be acceptable for cars, personally I'd pay the £5 admission fee, its only a fiver and will help for future events/maintenance of the aircraft.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I have the following message from the WINGS and WHEELS Shackleton WR963 people when I contacted them on Facebook trying to find out about how we should enter the site and where to put our cars

Steve, please read the following statement released by our Chairman earlier today. Due to circumstances beyond the control of the Trust, the Wings and Wheels day on the 24th of this month has regretfully had to cancelled. We fully understand that this will dissapoint and inconvienience some and we do appologise for that, our members did everything possible to make it work but it wasnt to be. Rest assured that we are working as we speak on a replacement event for later in the year, we do hope that you will all be able to give us your support in this, more details on this as we have them Once again please accept the appologies of the Trust, Thank you The Chairman I can't tell you how disappointed I am to have to send you this message, when I was expecting to send you access details. Sorry to let you all down. Hopefully we will try and get something sorted, I can only ask you to bear with us. Thank you for your support and interest. I'll let you know when I have more. Best regards.

Unquote

So as they say APOLOGIES Everyone will try to keep up to date on their next event.

SORRY

Steve